Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tha Caveman

The Caveman Regimen

Yes, I "caved" in ;)

I'm just leaving my face alone, I feel like all the acne products I've been using (duac, differin, doxycycline, st. ive's exfoliation, proactive coverup) have been irritating my face. I mean, compared to the rest of my body, my face was not the same color.

Here's my story:

DAY 1: Worked out and did not wash my face for the rest of the day, my face was very oily around my nose and cheeks. No new breakouts.

DAY 2: Still very oily, did a workout and got sweating very much and just left it on.

DAY 3: Excessive oil, and I just left it alone. No new breakouts & face is looking so much better.

DAY 4: Oil is subsiding and my face looks great this morning.. I'll post a picture below.

Keeping my fingers crossed guys. It's the most logical approach though. Minimalism and acne are seeming to pair very well.

post-117281-1259349387_thumb.jpg

post-117281-1259349387_thumb.jpg

Day 1, my face was unbearably red. It looked like I had permanent sunburn.

And as for acne, the past 2 years have been hell, but I've been dealing.

I believe I wasn't supposed to have acne, I just got the odd pimple and started washing and washing and using all these creams and it aggitated my face so bad and I started getting acne.

My back was horrible during sophomore year, and I would get it scrubbed and use medicine on it and it would get worse, then and I did nothing and about 2 months later it cleared right up, it's flawless right now.

how is it going? I am trying this as well - just started yesterday. Only I am splashing my face with water once in a while.

Edited by LittleTweety

how is it going? I am trying this as well - just started yesterday. Only I am splashing my face with water once in a while.

this is interesting and I am tempted because my skin seems better with really gentle cleansers that dont have many chemicals. My only problem is I cover my face up with makeup, because I get all these breakouts, and I have to wash the makeup off or it will definately cause it to be worse. I have worn makeup everyday for so many years to cover it all up.... maybe its part of the problem, its going to be so hard to try and give it up

Edited by kmy130

i'm still going strong :D

i added in the washing my face with water- but i only do it for like 10 sec in the shower

i have to admit though it feels so good and i'm tempted to leave it under the water forever! but only like 10 sec does the trick

I'm doing really good though, no new acne.. so surprised

got a dermotologist appointment in a month, hopefully i can fix these mild scars. i'm sooo skeptical about them though.. i just don't want my skin to take a wrong turn and be even more messed up!

ah what to do, what to do.

dude this is such good news. I'm 2 days in and my face is sooo oily, but i figure its repairing itself from all the damage ive done to it. when are you going to give your face a good scrub? ive gotten a breakout tho, 1 big one, and 2 little ones but im cool with that. Also what do you think, should I pop the zits or just let them be?

this is interesting and I am tempted because my skin seems better with really gentle cleansers that dont have many chemicals. My only problem is I cover my face up with makeup, because I get all these breakouts, and I have to wash the makeup off or it will definately cause it to be worse. I have worn makeup everyday for so many years to cover it all up.... maybe its part of the problem, its going to be so hard to try and give it up

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/OIL-CLEAN...Hi-t141871.html

I highly recomend you try this...

dude this is such good news. I'm 2 days in and my face is sooo oily, but i figure its repairing itself from all the damage ive done to it. when are you going to give your face a good scrub? ive gotten a breakout tho, 1 big one, and 2 little ones but im cool with that. Also what do you think, should I pop the zits or just let them be?

Let them be... I completly cleared up, started picking at nothing because of nerves, now I have had breakouts in the areas I was squezzing! I put NO PICKING postets on all my mirriors, it seems to be helping. If I have a white head I will disinfect a pin, poke the white head and use the side of the pin to help it out. Then I will daub with a tissue and hit it with some TTO.

dammmnn too late i tryed to pop the big one, and it had already sunk back into the skin, which is unbelivable, normally when i cover them with benzoyl peroxide they sit their for day, weeks. but i went to pick it, nothing came out, the scab got ripped off (disrupting the healing process) so i just left it at that, didnt even wash afterwards, and covered it with polysporin. how long did it take you to clear up? Did you wash your face with water? Scrub your face? wash after workouts etc? I'm already on the "caveman" train and never plan on getting off. Its only been 2 days lol!! I just know that its unnatural scrubbing my skin every day morning and night. however i play water polo, I have a month off cause of exams and christmas break, so im hoping I can build up my skin before i have to get back in the pool.

this is so awsome, i llook like so gross, and i'm going back home in a week to see all my old friends. I know they won't judge but its just awkward... especially talking to the gals

"ewww your face is so oily"

*slap

"shut your mouth ______(don't want to be suspended again)"

hahahah playing!!!!!!

also should I go 30 days without washing my face, or wash it once in a while?

aslo I work on a ferry, so cars go past me all day long ( lots of exhaust in the face ) should I wash after work?

just want to add my face actually has acne on it, unlike caveman, should I have waited untill I got clear first?

dammmnn too late i tryed to pop the big one, and it had already sunk back into the skin, which is unbelivable, normally when i cover them with benzoyl peroxide they sit their for day, weeks. but i went to pick it, nothing came out, the scab got ripped off (disrupting the healing process) so i just left it at that, didnt even wash afterwards, and covered it with polysporin. how long did it take you to clear up? Did you wash your face with water? Scrub your face? wash after workouts etc? I'm already on the "caveman" train and never plan on getting off. Its only been 2 days lol!! I just know that its unnatural scrubbing my skin every day morning and night. however i play water polo, I have a month off cause of exams and christmas break, so im hoping I can build up my skin before i have to get back in the pool.

this is so awsome, i llook like so gross, and i'm going back home in a week to see all my old friends. I know they won't judge but its just awkward... especially talking to the gals

"ewww your face is so oily"

*slap

"shut your mouth ______(don't want to be suspended again)"

hahahah playing!!!!!!

This is my acne story with pics :-) If you have any questions you can msg me, I'll be happy to help!

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Holly-Cow...82#entry2752782

also should I go 30 days without washing my face, or wash it once in a while?

aslo I work on a ferry, so cars go past me all day long ( lots of exhaust in the face ) should I wash after work?

just want to add my face actually has acne on it, unlike caveman, should I have waited untill I got clear first?

You can deff try the caveman regimen and see how it goes. Give it a good run (at least a month) and make sure to take before pics so you can see for sure if it's helping or not... Try using distilled water and clean hands to gently remove dirt and dead skin from your face.

ya im going to stick it out for a month ive already decided, but is that a month without anywater touching my skin?

and you use BP? How is that at all natural?

ya im going to stick it out for a month ive already decided, but is that a month without anywater touching my skin?

and you use BP? How is that at all natural?

I believe that you do need to cleanse your skin, but you don’t have to use soap or face washes to effectively do so. Just use water and keep the irritation down. I think that the debate about using or not using water is that there are a lot of diff things in tap water than just H2O. I use tap water, but if you’re worried about it then use distilled water. However, I believe that the caveman regime is not using anything, even water. I guess it’s just up to you…

I use BP and it is not natural, but when did I say anything about natural? I would deff rather use something as close to natural as possible (which is why I make my own skin care) but if it works, it works. I can’t accurately say how much good BP does for my skin though, because I incorporated it into my routine before I stopped washing my face with washes and soap (which is what gave my greatest results). I have come to the conclusion that it is every part of my routine working together that has cleared my skin, but after I got rid of my acne I haven’t tried any other variations in my regimen. I have decided to try taking BP out of the equation to see if I stay clear. If I do, then I will have an acne sufferer test my products to see if they have results without 2.5% BP.