Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I don't know what exactly is causing my breakouts, but I know for a fact my face is not naturally like this. I'm almost 20 yrs old, and the only time I've ever had something worth calling "acne" was when I first entered puberty and when I was overweight/eating crap. I admit that I am a face picker, but I've always been one. I've never had infammations across my cheeks and forehead like I do now. It was always the usual ONE zit before my period or whatever. I don't pick my face anymore, but this doesn't stop. They're not even white-head large pimples, they really do look like some sort of rash or irritation.

Anyways, I'm probably just desperate to find an answer already, but as of about 4 months ago I began eating about 2-4 ounces of mixed nuts (walnuts, pecans, almonds, peanuts, brazilians) every single day. I also began taking some fish oil capsules, along with the rest of my vitamins. My skin is naturally oily and my diet is overall really healthy, but maybe this is what's causing me to breakout.

I really need an answer. Starting tomorrow I'm cutting them out of my diet to see what happens.. but I want to know have any of you ever had experiences with nuts and acne??

I'm probably really dumb and should have realized the nuts are triggering my breakouts a lonnnnnnnng time ago.

Edited by tulipbaroo

Yeah it might because that's a shit load of nuts to be having a day. Too much oil and 'good fat'. I highly recommend you cut down on that.

Fish oil caps you don't need really. They don't do much except give you smelly burps. Just eat fish 1-3 times a week and you're good to go.

Nuts cause me to break out. But I also found that many proteins cause me to break out. Read my post out in the holistic forum that is about a "low-protein diet."