Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dave611

retin-a .025 and clindmycin .1 log

hey everyone, i figure making a log will help me along this journey and keep me motivated by seeing progress (hopefully). My names dave im 23 been dealing with mild/moderate acne for about 10 years now. Same old story as most of you tried all kinds of useless OTC stuff. I realized it really didnt make a difference in my acne just irritated my skin overall. So ive just been washing with a mild cleanser at night and ive been trying out light therapy the past 6 months with the carribean sun box. It doesnt hurt at all and it seems to even out the skin tone a liltter after use but hasnt really helped with acne. The only thing that has helped so far is diet. Unfortunatly i have to be extreamly strict to the point if i cheat once ill have some sort of breakout. I think this is why ive never had bad acne because ive always had a very clean diet with the occasional cheat here and there. Im just so sick of not being able to eat my mom's cooking espiecally the lasagna and having an annoyed girlfriend when i dont want her cooking for me or always ordering salads and never wanting to get ice cream with her. Then when i occasionally do "treat myself" not even really enjoying it cuz the whole time im worried about how its going to affect my skin. Basically everything i do i think of how its going to affect my skin and its really freakin annoying.

Best way to descibe my acne is ill get a 2-5 small ones a week that go away in a few days those arent the problem. I get these small pustales mabye 2-3 a month and occasionally baby cysts that leave red marks forever and by the time they fade i have some fresh new ones that are nice and red. Its just one big vicious circle. Also i have some shallow scarring on my upper cheeks and a little on the forehead.

I was actually really pissed when i was prescibed this because i was determined to get accutane when i went to my derm but she said shes really conservative and wanted me to try this first. Awesome ill just continue to be tortured with this shit while i see a new scar or two every few months from my occasional cyst was my initial thoughts since from what i understand doesnt really help with cysts. UGHHH!!! But after doing some more research i realized its good for fading red marks and shallow scarring and ive decided to go into this with a positive attitude. Please God i hope thats not a big mistake.

Ill upload some pics soon i promise to give all you a lovely look of my handsome mug...not!

Thats all for now i guess im tired and my belly hurts from all the turkey i ate today.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Hope you all had a wonderful holliday.

Things i am thankful for:

1.God

2.Family and friends

3.Health

Things i am NOT thankful for:

1.Acne

2.Acne

3.Acne

DAY 2

Well nothing new to report. No peeling or irratation. I had 3 small guys on my chin on 2 on my forehead yesterday and they have shrunk/dried pretty nicely since yesterday. I think im going to skip the Retin-A tonight and just apply it every other night for the first 2 weeks. Of course i am going out tommorow night so there's a 99.9% chance ill be too drunk to apply it when i get home. PLus i dont know if its a good idea to apply that while being intoxicated. So i guess i'll be giving my skin 2 days rest.

I had been applying a vitamin C serum for 2 weeks prior to the retin-A but i dont know if i should continue this while on retin-A. If anybody has advice on that i'd appreciate it. Also for anyone who has been on retin-a what if any other products can you use to help fade exsisting red marks. Ive heard aha is pretty good but i might wait a lil while on that (dont want my skin to go into shock and melt off haha j/k...kinda) Thanks for any advice

Edited by dave611

DAY 5

Nothing new really to report. 2 of the 3 smaller ones i had on my chin have healed one is still red and angry. As for my forehead one is almost healed and the other came to a nice lil whitehead along with a new whithead on my right cheek....sweeeeet. Pretty positive the new one isnt from the retin-a cuz i felt it starting a lil the night i started and it came to a head yeasterday. so far i notice no side effects what so ever. mabye a lil dryer but its also been colder and windy outside. no redness or anyting. hmmm hopefully this is a good sign and my skin reacts good to it cuz that'd be great. BTW im really liking the clindamycin as i think it really helps drying up exsisting pimples. Oh and on a good note i can tell my skin is slightly smoother already!!

Hey there, good luck, I'm in my 8th week on retin-a. I've had a lot of problems with red marks while being on this, and taking 2.4 g of cod liver oil a day is the only thing that's helped! I know it sounds gross, but you just take the pills, and I haven't noticed any bad side effects. Then again, I never burp. .

good luck!

DAY 8

Still not much new to report. SKin does feel slightly smoother so far which is cool. A new whitehead popped up on my chin yesterday, all others are drying up nicely. Oh ya i have like 2 blackhead looking things purging out on my right check which is somthing different. IM pretty proud of myself as one looks like it would be really easy to squeeze out but i restrained myself from piccking at it after staring at it for like 5 min in the mirror this morning. Got a new job serving at outback steakhouse that i start today. Really hoping i dont get a bad breakout or this stuff doesnt become really irratating since there a couple hot chicas that work to that i would like to be able to actually talk too. God this shit is annoying.

American in paris - Hey someone visited my log woohoo haha. Thanks for the advice I actually bought some about a year ago but never really stuck to taking it regularly, i was doing personal training and really into supplements i was taking way to many and it seemed like i was constantly walking around in a daze (hard to explain but really weird feeling) so i stopped everything except Vit. C. Ill have to start up with these. Thanks.

Edited by dave611

Day 10

My face is finally starting to feel like im applying somthing to it. Woke up this morning and it felt like it was burning. Well slightly, notihing painful but i can def. feel it. Could be because i think i used too much last night, applying it while after being at the bar all night but whatever. Haha i came home last night hopped into bed then remembered that i was suppose to use my retin-a and got really excited, seriously jumped outta bed and was like woooooo time to kill my acne like thinking it was type of miracle cream, God im such a loser lol.

LOL! You aren't a loser. I get like that, too. It's somehow satisfying to apply because you feel like you are going to whoop that acne's a$$. I watch the clock - is it bedtime yet? YEAAAA time to put the retin-a on! As of Tues, I'll be 3 solid weeks into my retin-a experience. I definitely notice the smoother feeling of my skin overall, like you mention. I fear the breakout that many people get around this point in treatment, though... I'm trying so hard to avoid it (obviously, look at my sig! LOL!!). My problem was a bit like yours - never really severe, but never 100% perfect complexion either. I am a girl, I can wear makeup, so no big deal overall. I did wonder why I never grew out of it (I'm 28 now). But then suddenly the last few months I suffered the worst breakout of my entire life and it wouldn't stop, just kept getting worse and worse. I was desperate. I think my biggest trigger was dairy, which really sucks because I love milk. *sigh* But it's all getting better, a little at a time, so long as I can abstain from consuming milk, cheese, chocolate, or ice cream. I'm very close to my goal of 6 pack abs, so hey, this should actually push me over the top for that at least, right?! I am trying to remain positive!

Good luck, and go talk to those girls!

DAY 14

Wow 2 weeks already! Still nothing major happening. i know i said i was going to wait 2 weeks to start applying it everyday but i wasnt noticing any ill effects so i started saturday night applying it every night. Really no irratation. Slightly dryer but i really don't think i need to moisturize(i do anyway tho). I had a whitehead on my forehead about 4 days ago, it was gone by lastnight. left a slight redmark tho dammit, just add to my collection i guess. Mabye i should start a new hobby haaa. Other than that pretty clear. My diet has been extreamly good the past 2 weeks tho and i usually get clear minus the red marks n scarring when i do this. Im not sure if im liking the way its making my overall skin look, its probally just since my tan is fading making it look a lil more blotchy. Whatever i know it'll be better in the long run. Also it seems like my skin is getting slightly thinner which i know is suppose to happen at first. We'll see how next week goes as week 3 is supposivly the IB, just in time for the hollidays!!!!

Day 22

Wow its been awhile since i updated. Ive still been on these boards quite a bit there just hasnt been much to report. In the past week ive had one close comodeon on my forhead form a whitehead. 2 zits come up on my right check, one came to a head but healed nicely in like 2-3 days. A small zit on my chin that healed in about a day. And a pustale come up on my left check that went down quickly formed a small scab that came off in the shower but has left a pretty bad redmark FML. Idk thats pretty much how my acne has always been. Some weeks slighty better some slighty worse. I think my skin bocomes slighty oiler towards the end of the day. But is deffinitly dry after i apply the retin-a and in the morning. But as for the dryness i dont really think its any worse than what it normally is once winter starts (been in the teens here the past 2 weeks). Well this is suppose to be my Ib week so we'll see.

DAY 28 (i believe)

Ughhh! I really dont know what to think about retin-a right now. Its not that i'm upset with it i just don't think it's what i need to achieve the results i want. I almost don't even feel like it's affecting my skin in anyway (good or bad). Well i take that back i do notice slightly smoother skin and texture, but acne wise i know im suppose to give it time but it doesnt even feel like its doing ANYTHING! i get the same 2-4 pimples a week spread out in the different area i usually breakout. Ive expierenced zero flaking MINUMUM irratation and i think im actually slighty oilier where i apply it. Also i went tanning 4 days ago for 15 minutes. i did put spf 15 on my face under the bronzing lotion i use, also i covered my face with a towel so it was only exposed for about 5-6 min. It worked well no redness had a good color for the weekend, so i'll probally continue this every thursday/friday as long as it goes well.

hey there! just wanted to wish you luck on your course! i am just 10 days or so behind you on mine...it is definitely hard to be patient while waiting for this stuff to work! i find myself wishing the next few weeks would just fly by so i could see some results already! if you feel its not doing much maybe you should up your strength?