Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tha Caveman

I FIGURED IT ALL OUT.

Okay. Let me start off by saying that Pharmaceuticals are the #1 largest recipients of profit in the whole world. Think about this.

The normal teenager gets one pimple and is often influenced by various commercials/ads to use "cures" like ProActive and Clean and Clear, etc, and this is where they make their money. They then persist to use these products to the point where they irritate their skin and damage their acid mantle. They then are more susceptible to acne.

Just a little epiphany I had today, and I'm on day 5 of the "Caveman Regimen" and it seems to be working a little, so I just connected some dots and since oil is actually naturally moisterizing your skin maybe they used it as a target so they say products kill the oil which may make the acne more aggravated because your are disrupting your skins natural cycle.

Give me your input!

(Did not really know where to put this thread, but I knew to say it on here because maybe some of you feel the same way)

Think about it.

Maybe it's something they don't want you to know- when you stop all acne products and your skin starts healing yourself, maybe they use oil which is actually good as a element to aggravate your skin and make acne worse.

There's obviously no cure, but why not try to take the most logical/natural approach?

it seems like a lot of people on here disagree but i agree. im currently using the oil cleansing method and my skin has improved a lot faster than when i used commercial cleansers containing harsh chemicals.

oh so the caveman regimen is not washing your face at all? i would never be able to do that. all the bacteria and dirt would build up on your skin... i think that using natural products is best but not washing your face at all? thats crazy! but hey whatever works for you

oh so the caveman regimen is not washing your face at all? i would never be able to do that. all the bacteria and dirt would build up on your skin... i think that using natural products is best but not washing your face at all? thats crazy! but hey whatever works for you

It sounds crazy, but it's restoring my acid mantle. Sebum + sweat help to restore it.

Trust me, it sounds hella crazy I know but I've tried alot of things and this is workin good.

Hmm this is a tricky one but I'm not going to entirely disagree.

Just from experience, the media can easily warp things. When I was about 13 and 14 I started getting a few zits here and there. At that age...one zit is hell. (Oh if only I knew.) So! What did I do? Go on Proactiv! My friends were on it AND it was on TV. (Pahahhaha...god, stupid.)

I seriously believe that being on Proactiv and other products that are extremely whored out only made my face even worse. They seemed to help for a while and then they stopped working by the time I was 15. At that point, my face exploded. My face is still bad after a few years of fighting it.

I honestly wouldn't doubt for a second if certain companies did this. Money runs the world.

Of course, I also wouldn't go on the caveman regimen. I entirely salute you for being brave and giving it a shot but I'm going to keep looking for other "miracles". :)

Thanks for the support :D

But if you think about it like what if you just entirely stopped using products and it cleared up? Its amazing how I based my entire life about thinking about my acne and trying to use all these cures when they were just trying to make money.

That's just my 2 cents though.. keeping my fingers crossed that this whole caveman thing works out. :D

Haha no problem. It really is entirely logical. Everyone knows that the government and these companies don't really care about our skin. It's a bunch of bull if you ask me...and lots and lots of money. Oh how easy it is to prey on the minds of zit covered faces. ;)

I haven't stopped using all of the products on the market but I sure as heck follow my own personal plan now.

Keep us posted on your anti-product regimen! I think I'm too much of a chicken to try it hahaha.

i completely agree with ya. however im on tazorac but only because it really helps speed up the healing process of red marks. i dont do anything else to my face and ive seen huge improvements since ive stopped. i dont wash my face, im a swimmer though so maybe that basically does the same thing as a face wash, but i agree that there may be a conspiracy but only because i love that kind of stuff

lol yeah thats all true......the acne products companies don care a tinge about ur skin n they only think of making money which is the main reason why all the products don work...

another reason is, even if they sincerely want to clear ur skin, the product still doesn work because they're only masking the sytoms n not beating the root cause of acne

since everything i tried doesn work maybe not washing ur face for a month may help. who knows. it doesn make a difference as to whether i wash my face or not

Okay. Let me start off by saying that Pharmaceuticals are the #1 largest recipients of profit in the whole world. Think about this.

The normal teenager gets one pimple and is often influenced by various commercials/ads to use "cures" like ProActive and Clean and Clear, etc, and this is where they make their money. They then persist to use these products to the point where they irritate their skin and damage their acid mantle. They then are more susceptible to acne.

Just a little epiphany I had today, and I'm on day 5 of the "Caveman Regimen" and it seems to be working a little, so I just connected some dots and since oil is actually naturally moisterizing your skin maybe they used it as a target so they say products kill the oil which may make the acne more aggravated because your are disrupting your skins natural cycle.

Give me your input!

(Did not really know where to put this thread, but I knew to say it on here because maybe some of you feel the same way)

I don't think it's a conspiracy, but I have had similar thoughts… And not using face washes or soaps (no matter how gentle, was one of the best thing I could have ever done!

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Holly-Cow...82#entry2752782

Edited by DeeVoo

I agree, companies want to make money and avoiding chemicals is good. All your arguments are valid.

But I don't think they go out of their way to intentionally make our condition worse to profit on it, they profit on our already susceptible condition.

You're looking a little too deep into this. Feels a little minority report ish. Maybe in a few hundred years.

Think about it, all these companies that produce products that are suppose to help spots and acne are in that business sector to make money. They don't care about out skin and our appearance they just want make bloody money.

I cant believe they have the cheek to put comments on products or advertisement commercials such as "Visibly clear skin in just 3 DAYS!" or "Clinically Proven to fight the three main causes of spots" well to start with everyone's skin is very different so the first claim is incorrect and there is not only 3 causes of spots, what bout hormones and vitamin deficiency's. I think I can safely say that Clean and Clean or Proactive doesn't sort out those.

That's the biggest mistake I have every made when I first had acne. I bought every product that I could see that claimed that it would help and of course using harsh products with bad comodgenic ingredients is never ever going to make your skin better. In fact it definatly made my skin worse and I am still dealing with the red marks that these horribly products caused now after years.

The problem was that I wanted to believe that they would benefit my spots and acne that I didnt think correctly. I looked at all the products that were on the bathroom shelf after my mum said to me "You have to use them all up before you try another type" and I realised something I had been using these product daily for over a year and I remembered that actually the skin had got worse over the year.

Once I realised these would help I stopped immediately and I saw the single most improvement anyone could wish for. My skin didn't look so angry and inflammed instead it looked slightly calmer and less red and potent.

So yes I believe that these companies are committing a crime and abusing advertisement rights in promoting products that actually have more of a negative effect on ones skin than a beneficial positive outcome.

I only hope other people (most probably teenagers who are really angry that they have spots and acne) don't fall for the same mistake that I did.

Thanks JonoB Aged: 14

Edited by JonoB

chemicals dont fix acne, it hides the symptons. It doesnt fix the root of the problem. And it damages the skin. Not washing your face wont fix acne i guess, but it will do good for your skin.

Well the companies just make people use their products for nothings. Because they dont work! They work short term (drying up skin AND pimples) but then it gets a little worse by bad skincare. What evens it out...

Edited by joris

I can agree to a certain extent with this post. I do believe that topicals have no major effect in the long-term perspective (like many members have said, it's primarily treating the symptoms not the cause). However, I believe if you can find a company that is not soley for the profit and research into the ingredients/composition of products, topicals can actually benefit the skin.

I would never want to not wash my face. Not washing my face would turn people off if they noticed, and are most acne-prone individuals trying to avoid just that--social discrimination from others for not having acceptable skin?

Must say you make a good argument.

But i think i may point of a flaw with your argument later. Sorry :boohoo:

Anyway. Most products your right just do the symptons and kind of partially help them breaking out. But require constant use. So yeah they make more money so no incentive.

HOWEVER, if there was a miracle cure which was so easy in those two products you mentiond, then I think a small company would probably try and duplicate it, and then they WOULD have the motive to produce it on a LARGE continuous quantity because of several reasons:

1. Theyre a small company - if they have a products amazing guaranteed to work everybody buys it - CEO very happy as goes from nothing to something huge

2. People will always get acne, so sales will continue even if they did dramatically drop.

3. bwecwos thwey lwuv uws :P

:think: maybe two reasons then..

haha.

When I first started getting it when I was younger I didn't think a lot of it, it wasn't until it got worse when I started using products. So using nothing is worse in my opinion. My friend has big acne problem, and he doesn't wash his face properly. Obviously products help, do these companies want an acne cure? No.

If they ever come out with any kind of cure it will be a pill that you have to constantly take and never stop taking at least for a long period of time, that way the drug companies get there money, which obviously isn't a "cure." It's extremely unlikely they'd come out with a cure shot or pill that clears it fast, drug companies don't want cures.

I guarantee they could cure a lot of things right now if they wanted to, maybe they have. They ain't gonna sell us a cure though, they're gonna sell us something that helps the problem, and sell it to us again, over and over and over.

Edited by wham

It's a bit of a conspiracy when BP isn't even allowed in OTC treatments in Europe

Where did you get that info? BP is OTC here.