Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hellstorm

Have you ever been made fun of for having acne?

many people don't know that acne is not something we can control. don't they know how embarrassing & depressing it is to have a face full of zits? this pisses me the f*ck off, acne is NO joke. they have no clue what we're going through.

I remember in 7th grade this girl told me I had really bad skin, and big pimples.

That was like the 1st thing she said to me and I hated her forever. Still highly dislike her.

I remember in 7th grade this girl told me I had really bad skin, and big pimples.

That was like the 1st thing she said to me and I hated her forever. Still highly dislike her.

what a fucking bitch! when i was a junior in HS, a teacher of mine said to me, "you know what, you should think about going to a tanning parlour. your skin will clear up nicely." oooooo i felt like punching her in the face.

I seriously do not believe that no people here had not been made fun of for having acne. Acne, or rather pimples are a more common word to them. Most people who do not understand will see you as a freak or monster straight away without thinking. They will not bother to know the reason or what so ever behind your acne. Sad to say, looks does play a vital part in this modern society or rather the first impression.

So we have to work doubly hard to 'impress' if we had already lose out on the 'most important' part.

i think middle school is when teasing is at its worst. I never had anyone make fun of my acne in high school or anytime after. But this one guy who always cracked on me in 7th and 8th grade ended up with severe acne in high school. never cracked on him though

karma at it's finest^^

i think even if I had clear skin i wouldn't say anything mean to anyone who did have acne, even when i was young...it just seems so cruel, it's pretty obvious one can't help acne. no one chooses it. some kids are just cruel

Edited by Geeking

u kno when u guy get mad @ ppl for mkin fun of ur acne, put urself in some1 elses shoes, im certain most ppl on here make fun of others 4 bein fat, ugly, race, gender, religion, mum jokes. i kno i dnt have much room, but its human natire 2 make fun of ppl

what a fucking bitch! when i was a junior in HS, a teacher of mine said to me, "you know what, you should think about going to a tanning parlour. your skin will clear up nicely." oooooo i felt like punching her in the face.

Hey hey ... Chillax guys btw it was when you were 7th she was still a kid.. People who are adults don't realize the mental stress caused by acne and you want a 7th grader to know??? The dont know that we are worried about acne coz we dont show it openly though we are very conscious about it...

Hey hey ... Chillax guys btw it was when you were 7th she was still a kid.. People who are adults don't realize the mental stress caused by acne and you want a 7th grader to know??? The dont know that we are worried about acne coz we dont show it openly though we are very conscious about it...

exactly u cnt judge some1 by 1 thing coz i wuldnt want some1 2 do tht 2 me

It still wasn't a nice thing to say, I guess her parents didn't teach her manners. As long as I knew her she was always a mean person, even through High School, she began giving back handed compliments.

It still wasn't a nice thing to say, I guess her parents didn't teach her manners. As long as I knew her she was always a mean person, even through High School, she began giving back handed compliments.

so i guess u hve lved a perfect life?

No one ever did, except maybe say something that they think is an "advice" but i can't blame them some are just trying to be positive.

[

I don't see what that has to do with anything, I was just stating in my 1st post that I have been made fun of and now it's turning against me?! :shifty:

Yeah, middle school was a bitch. I went to a private Catholic school for like, four years, and this girl and I were really good friends. Come middle school time we saw each other for the first time in a while, and she'd always ask what was wrong with my face then laugh. I hate her guts but she smiles at me now in the hallways. (My skin looks better with the foundation on, coincidentally.)

Also I used to draw a lot and these kids would always grab my drawings and tell me I needed dots on the face to make it look more like "me". Pissed me off. Little comments too, just... ugh.

[

I don't see what that has to do with anything, I was just stating in my 1st post that I have been made fun of and now it's turning against me?! :shifty:

bot u tlkin bot how they parents dnt raise dem rite, im jst sayin i bet you hve made fun of some1 be4 in yo life, shold they hold yo 2 it?

Dont temme none of you guys have ever made fun of anybody in general... Fat, short, People who aren't smart.. when we have made fun of people they have all the right to make fun of us... Being fat is as bad as having acne.. we dont realise it because we arent fat... thats what i feel.. Its a part of life thats how we grow stronger... I dont think i would be the same person if i didn't have acne.. I would have been rude and mean... Acne made me realize how shallow we humans are in general.

Edited by Adi_Nayak

[

bot u tlkin bot how they parents dnt raise dem rite, im jst sayin i bet you hve made fun of some1 be4 in yo life, shold they hold yo 2 it?

I guess I should assume that you can't read, judging by your typing. But Geeking is right. Just because she thinks someone has poor manners doesn't mean she thinks she is better. What the girl said WAS rude.

[

I guess I should assume that you can't read, judging by your typing. But Geeking is right. Just because she thinks someone has poor manners doesn't mean she thinks she is better. What the girl said WAS rude.

i agree, the way she types is so annoying. you don't go around telling people they have bad skin. it's like saying you're fat to a fat person.

I guess they were reading too much into what I was saying and making their own assumptions from it.

I was just sharing a story :)

I used to make fun of my sister when she got acne - she got it quite young, like 11 or 12 and it wasn't that bad but it lasted for a few years. I was 12 or 13 at the time, and I thought you got acne from not washing your face, so I used to tell her that she should just wash her face at night and not be so unhygienic etc.

I realised as I grew up that acne was natural and anyone can get it, but I still didn't feel that bad. Then when I got a few spots, and realised how awful and confidence breaking it is to have even a couple of red marks on your face, I felt physically sick for the way I treated her. I know I was a kid, but that isn't really an excuse, I was just being an idiot.

So I try my best now to do little things, be a better brother. My mum commented the other day about how much better we get along, it's because I feel so crummy about the way I treated her that I try and make up for it now in the little ways I can.

Thankfully her acne never got that bad, and her face is much better with very little scarring, and I'm incredibly happy for her. I still feel shit for all the times I was an idiot and I started tearing up the other day when I imagined her as an 11 year old crying into her pillow because she thought she was dirty and that's why she got acne because thats what her idiot of an older brother told her.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that people who made fun of you in the past may truly regret it now, but might never come and apologize straight out. I don't have the guts to bring it up with my sister, I've mentioned to my mum how stupid i was, but it'd be too awkward to tell my little sister. So try and bear that in mind, however hard it is, when you think about how some people may have been dicks to you in the past...

sorry for the long post

Edited by xeroj

:comfort: xeroj it's good you care about how she feels and you're a great brother

I remember in Junior High people who sat in front of me at group tables always commented on my face :dontgetit: they were awkward comments too like "your pimples are awesooome" or they'd poke at their foreheads.

I wasn't sure how to take their gestures so I just rolled my eyes or smiled.

Edited by SopehCoo

I admit, I have made fun of someone before. Look where I am now lol karma is a bitchhhhh.

Edited by Deadmau5