Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
max powers

Best way to get probiotics?

from what i've heard...Kefir.

But you've gotta make it yourself, the store bought stuff isn't as beneficial or healthy.

Just FYI, here's some numbers to keep in mind:

Yogurt, depending on the quality, will have anywhere from a few million to a few billion live and active bacteria.

Probiotic capsules will contain anywhere from a few hundred million to a few hundred billion live and active bacteria.

Kefir will have numbers in the TRILLIONS.

Goodluck.

Probiotic capsules will contain anywhere from a few hundred million to a few hundred billion live and active bacteria.

Goodluck.

Are you serious? We sell Lifeway kefir at my local health food store, but they don't mention that on the bottle.

Goodluck.

Are you serious? We sell Lifeway kefir at my local health food store, but they don't mention that on the bottle.

i doubt Lifeway has the same type of numbers that you could get from making your own kefir at home.

Plus there aren't nearly as many types of strains in Lifeway's products compared to when you make it yourself. Lifeway may have a dozen different types of strains....where as making your own from kefir grains (assuming you got quality grains) should produce a few dozen different strains and trillions of organisms.

Don't have yogurt. I use to take it EVERY SINGLE DAY. I stopped over a month and a half and my skin is so clear, dairy was everything to my acne.

Don't have yogurt. I use to take it EVERY SINGLE DAY. I stopped over a month and a half and my skin is so clear, dairy was everything to my acne.

yeah, gotta be careful with dairy.

Fortunately you can make coconut kefir and water kefir.