Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
holly22

Bp HAS to cause acne scars...

At least for some people. I've heard others complain about this, and I just assumed that they were mistaking red marks for scars. But I'm looking at my patches of acne, and I can clearly see some dents in my skin. I don't know if these will heal on their own since my acne is still clearing up....but I know that I have never ever had acne scars before in my life. Suddenly I use BP for months and I'm seeing them for the first time ever.

Also, why is my BP not stopping my acne from growing? I put it on the same places and my acne STILL grows there.

At least for some people. I've heard others complain about this, and I just assumed that they were mistaking red marks for scars. But I'm looking at my patches of acne, and I can clearly see some dents in my skin. I don't know if these will heal on their own since my acne is still clearing up....but I know that I have never ever had acne scars before in my life. Suddenly I use BP for months and I'm seeing them for the first time ever.

Also, why is my BP not stopping my acne from growing? I put it on the same places and my acne STILL grows there.

Are you following the regime exactly as instructed? IE: Cleanser, wait at least 5mins, BP wait 5mins, then moisturizer. Also are you using Acne.org products or store bought. Finally avoid trying to pop or pick your face and be gentle when applying the regime products rub each step in lightly using your finger tips.

Acne causes scars, not bp. And picking can increase your chance of scarring. Once the acne starts to clear, the inflammation of the face goes down and many people then notice the scars that they never noticed before. They were often there before but disguised by the redness and swelling of the active acne. Once the acne clears, you are often able to see the damage it's done. I know it's frustrating. Check out this thread. http://www.acne.org/messageboard/state-min...rn-t117898.html Scroll down to the "don't expect a flawless complexion..." portion.

Here's the portion I was referring to: Don't expect a flawless complexion when all your acne is gone. Many people complain about redmarks and scars and how the regimen doesn't address these acne artifacts. It's simply not that easy! An AHA used once or twice a day over several months can help fade hyperpigmentation, but it might not be enough to get your skin completely mark-free, especially if you had moderate-severe acne before the regimen. I didn't even know I had acne scarring until I had cleared up, and then I had a whole new skin problem that I had never thought about before! Now I have accepted that I can't do much about my mild scarring without spending lots of money on treatments, and that even so, my skin still looks so much better now than it did a year ago. So when you do clear up, please don't expect to have baby butt smooth, unblemished skin. Have realistic expectations about what your acne-free skin will look like. I much prefer easily concealable light marks and minor dents over big red inflamed pimples, but if you feel otherwise, then don't bother treating your acne.

As for your lack or progress with the Regimen, please take this little quiz and read a few links.

http://www.acne.org/regimenadvice.php

http://www.acne.org/biggestmistakes.html

http://www.acne.org/faq.html#notworking

Hope that helps.

I agree with Holly22

I used bp on 2 spots. got indents on those spots when they healed. very small, but definitelyindents. I am using vit e creamand seems to be healing.

I don't get scarring when I breakout, so that for me is a first, and it just happens to be the 2 spots I used the bp on,and I only used it on those 2 spots.

I would say maybe bp is too harsh on some people's skin.

The marks from acne just last a long time. You probably will not have permanent scarring unless you either pick at your acne or you had cystic acne. Or.. if you went to a bad dermatologist that insisted on incising every mark on your face. My aunt went to one and her skin is in really bad shape even though she hasn't had a pimple in 20 years..

Really though, even if you manage to completely stop new acne, expect to wait six months or more for all previous marks to fade. There's a process to skin healing. The final stage when the scar tissue is broken down is the longest. There's a name for each stage, maybe someone more knowledgeable can chime in here.

Contrary to what others may seem to think and tell you - yes, BP can contribute to acne scarring. Using BP will not cause acne scarring where there was no acne, HOWEVER, BP creates free radicals in the skin. As such, the skin will not heal as quickly or as efficiently. So, where an acne lesion might have fully healed and left no permanent scarring without BP, it may very well lead to minor (or major) scarring with use of BP.

It also depends upon your skin type. Some people are simply less prone or more prone to scarring.

Personally, I've been using Dan's BP for about 4 1/2 months. I had severe acne in middle school and part of high school. It lessened to moderate acne in my early years of college. Even with severe and moderate acne, my skin never really had much scarring. Sure, I had a few "dents" but nothing major and nothing deep. Basically, at a distance, you wouldn't have been able to tell. In the past few months that I've been using BP, even some of the smaller zits seem to be leaving deeper scars in my face than what was previously there. How do I know it's the BP contributing? Because most of the acne I get now is light and superficial. When I would get those light superficial zits (in addition to the severe stuff) they never left any scarring. Now, they do. I have one cheek that's starting to look a little cruddy, but not cruddy enough to stop usage. It still keeps my skin relatively clear - at most times, and it's worth a few small scars for clearer skin. AHA can help a bit with it, too - which I feel is especially important considering BP can cause premature aging as well.