Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

hey,

i need to vent: on this my conspiracy theory.

i think that there are people suffering with acne way more than in years past. just a thought. is there something in the food? the water? the milk? the pop? something......think about it: what drives the economy? consumerism. if there's something i.e in the pop, this causes a problem for which doctors will point you to medicine to solve. that's expensive. pharmaceuticals make a loooot of money. so why cure the problem if there's a billion dollar industry dependant on it?

my point is: question everything, everything you read, do , eat, drink...everything....there's more to this story than meets the eye/mouth/skin watever...and remember:

acne may be present in different people for very different reasons. people can manifest what looks like the same condition for different reasons. i.e my thumb hurts and so does my friend's. i caught mine in a door and she had a dog bite her thumb. point being....our thumbs both hurt, look swollen, etc....but it all happened for different reasons. ....

let's do what the pharmaceuticals won't do because it would mean the end to their fortunes, let's continue to look for answers why....and this goes for any ailment we may have

where's mulder and scully when you need them? smile.gif

I think it's more than a conspiracy theory... you're really onto something that's been on my mind a lot too. People are having so many more health problems these days! Go to the grocery store and look around at the processed, preservative- and chemical-laden foods we eat. People didn't used to eat that way! But check out what's in most of the carts at the check-out. It's not foods from the outside perimeter of the store (meats, fish, dairy, fruits, veggies, fresh breads). It's mostly junk from the middle of the store, where everything is wrapped in plastic and loaded with 12-letter ingredients. So we have a population that is fat and sick and miserable, because we are poisoning our bodies every time we sit down to the dinner table!

And how does this relate to acne? For me, I feel that my skin problems are largely caused by hormones and poor nutrition. I am trying to combat this through a combination of Dan's amazing regimen and dietary adjustments. I have been using only organic dairy products because of the hormones that are given to dairy cows to make them produce more milk. For the health of my skin and the rest of my body, I try to choose foods that are fresh and as close to their natural state as possible. Also, I stay away from artificial foods, like sodas and candy, that offer absolutely no nutritional value whatsoever. And then there's the number one rule that we all know: Drink lots of water!!!

There are lots of other things going on in the world that are probably also affecting people's health. Environmental issues abound... and people have made life-long careers fighting to change them. And don't get me started on the pharmaceutical industry... :angry: But nutrition is one thing that is in each person's power to change... immediately, and with the most direct personal impact.

The truth is out there my friend wink.gif

True true, I head ya. The truth is out there. Even with regards to the plastic packaging you mention. How do we know that the chemicals in the packaging don't seep into the foods we eat? We 're all majorly messed up rolleyes.gif

hey,

i need to vent: on this my conspiracy theory.

i think that there are people suffering with acne way more than in years past. just a thought. is there something in the food? the water? the milk? the pop? something......think about it: what drives the economy? consumerism. if there's something i.e in the pop, this causes a problem for which doctors will point you to medicine to solve. that's expensive. pharmaceuticals make a loooot of money. so why cure the problem if there's a billion dollar industry dependant on it?

my point is: question everything, everything you read, do , eat, drink...everything....there's more to this story than meets the eye/mouth/skin watever...and remember:

acne may be present in different people for very different reasons. people can manifest what looks like the same condition for different reasons. i.e my thumb hurts and so does my friend's. i caught mine in a door and she had a dog bite her thumb. point being....our thumbs both hurt, look swollen, etc....but it all happened for different reasons. ....

let's do what the pharmaceuticals won't do because it would mean the end to their fortunes, let's continue to look for answers why....and this goes for any ailment we may have

where's mulder and scully when you need them? smile.gif

Guest ObiWontonKenoli

I do have some kind of a conspiracy theory in my head but not what you were thinking.

I was thinking more in the line of the derms/doctors not aggressive enough with their effort in helping us out.

I think derms should give everyone accutane. I think at the first pimple, teenagers should be given the tane.

I agree with Obi, however i would say that it's because people wait too damn long to get their acne treated. The derms aren't going to come out and see you. Get your skin condition fixed. If you have bad vision you go see the optometrist right? If you chip a tooth you see a dentist? If you have bad teeth you go see an orthodontist. There are no boards talking about the emotional and psychological effects of having crooked teeth or bad vision. Because there would be one sentence answers like " Go get some glasses or braces" You could even get contacts! Laser eye surgery!

The same should apply for acne.

I also agree. I don't know about a magic acne cure, but i think accutane is the closest to it we might ever be. I think money is made by all the wasted treatments people buy in the stores to rid themselves of acne, before they finally get fed up and see a derm. Oh and when you see the derm, they won't tell you to go buy store products. They will finally help you.

Did you know... that Americans bodies decompose the slowest out of any country because of the amount of preservatives we eat? :eek:

When I came back from visiting Costa Rica (that is, eating fresh meats, fruits, and vegetables) I was virtually flawless. I have been trying to decide what it was. It could not have been the sun, because I lived in Florida and I was on the beach a lot there too. Maybe it was the fresh air? Maybe it was less stressful? Or maybe it is because their food lacks all the crap that is crammed into our food. I do know that I started to break out again after my return. & now I am back to my old broken out self.

Sigh

:ph34r:

I do have some kind of a conspiracy theory in my head but not what you were thinking.

I was thinking more in the line of the derms/doctors not aggressive enough with their effort in helping us out.

I dont think that there is a conspiracy theory, i just think that there should be stiffer laws and restrictions on these companies that come out with these so called acne wonder cure products.

When i first started having problems my derm told me that when he first started his proffession he hardly treated acne at all and that it was because of all these products that acne had become so huge in recent years.

He told me to just wash with cool water out of the tap because it can be no worse than all the ingredients in face washes, but silly me ingnored him and washed my face with clerasil a soon as i got home.(im convinced that my skin is so bad because of this product line.)

When my dad was growing up he had half a tub of bath water to last the whole family(5 ppl) all week.

First his dad would use it, then mum, then his sister and then him and his brother.

By the time he use it it would be brown, and it is this water that he would splash his face with morning and night till the age of 23 when he moved out with my mother.?

What the fuck.

Their was no clearasil, no Murads, no c and c ,moisturiser was a luxury for the rich wives. My dad grew up in England(imagine the fucking weather?)

I have tried using only water now and a bit of moisturiser but my skin is so badly damiaged now that there is no point.