Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
raspberryheaven

Mario Badescu's Whitening Mask

Has anyone tried Mario Badescu's Whitening Mask? (http://www.mariobadescu.com/whitening-mask) It's expensive, so I was looking to hear if it actually works before I get it. Thanks!!

I have it and it personally doesn't do anything for me. I like the temporary lifting mask better.

does that lifting mask do anything for post-acne red marks though?

Has anyone tried Mario Badescu's Whitening Mask? (http://www.mariobadescu.com/whitening-mask) It's expensive, so I was looking to hear if it actually works before I get it. Thanks!!

I have it and it personally doesn't do anything for me. I like the temporary lifting mask better.

does that lifting mask do anything for post-acne red marks though?

no but it shrinks pores

The Mario Badescu Whitening Mask is very exy, especially here in Australia. I don't use it anymore... I gave it a fair trial though... Was using it for about a year. It was a nice mask actually, but unfortunately didn't noticebly improve my red marks...

I used it for the first time today. I did a test on my right cheek, just to make sure i'm not allergic. It made my skin feel smooth and soft. I'll keep using it, and let you guys know if it works for me. :)

I've been using this mask for a while. A month or two, I think? I'm not sure if it is advised to do this, but I've put the mask just on spots where my red marks are really bad, and keep it on overnight. I've been doing this every other night since I've purchased this. I don't know if it is just a coincidence or not, but the redmarks on my cheek have reduced a lot.

I really love this product. (A little background info: I have oily/combo acne-prone skin).

I prefer using this mask as an overnight spot-treatment for red marks, as opposed to an all-over face mask. As a mask, it is VERY moisturizing (dry-skinned people may love this too)... it leaves sort of a moisture layer on the skin after rinsing it off.

Contrary to the actual name of the product, it will not literally whiten/bleach skin... but rather, help in reducing redness and discolorations. I apply to red areas before bed and rinse off in the morning. It will not get rid of post-acne redness overnight, but for me, it has made them noticeably lighter by the next morning. After a week, this difference is amazing. :D

i love this mask too! been using it for 3 months and there is a big difference in my complexion. my overall skin tone is more even and radiant. as far as lightening marks, it has faded some of my marks very nicely while my melasma and some of my older marks havent budged yet. so im thinking it will take some patience to see improvement in those areas.i will certainly keep using it for as long as it takes b/c its effective and doesnt break out my hypersensitive skin :dance:

Edited by almost pretty

I just ordered this mask (along with the drying mask). I'm eager to give it a try, while most people say it doesn't help with scarring, it does help with hyper pigmentation (which is what I have). I think I'm going to switch between the drying and the whitening mask nightly and leave it on while I sleep.

No no I'm using the Whitening cream for red marks, I don't really have any scarring, just hyperpigmentation.

I'll probably create a little log to discuss how the drying mask and whitening mask works once it arrives.

Hi i have combo/oily acne prone skin. I have the whitening mask/ drying mask/ healing&soothing mask. In response to one who would alternate the masks everyday of whitening and drying. I suggest that you should add resting days until you have a healing&soothing mask. Because the drying mask is really harsh with long term use and a healing&soothing mask is advised for alternating with it for a reason. Please see the website about it. I am telling you this because before i didn't have the healing and soothing mask and i did what you said of the alternating thing. My skin was irritated and had bigger pimples than normal. But maybe that will be just me. I saw positive results when i included the healing&soothing mask to my regimen.

Just so people know, this stuff works. The description says it all "This hydrating mask will help brighten uneven skin tones and gently minimize the look of old acne scars and discolorations from the sun. Skin lightening, natural ingredients like Kojic Acid, Licorice and Mulberry make this mask gentle for all skin types."

It's a little pricey, but 22 bucks should last you months. I've used it for over a week now and it's faded my marks considerably. Not only that but it restores the natural tone of your skin and makes it less dull.

I don't know how well it works for scars, but for red marks left by acne, this stuff will help you out. It says leave on for 10 minutes, but leaving it on for an hour or two only seems to make it work better. I haven't read any reviews online saying it breaks people out either.