Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ive been using his AHA every other night, and whilst its kept my acne down, does it speed up fading of red marks?

I've been using it every night and have had great results thus far. (only starting using dan's aha recently, maybe for about two months) Even though it's not a miracle product, it does aid in fading away those pesky lingering red marks. Don't expect to see huge improvements after just using it for one week though since it takes time for your skin to get accustomed to the product. My red marks are still noticeable to the eye but the color changed to a slightly pinkish color. Given a few more months I'd expect them to be gone for good.

I still have pictures from nine months ago that showed a few red marks that I had from my old pimples. I compared that picture with one I took just recently and it shows the progress of how much my marks have faded since then. So time does, in fact, fade red marks, you just have to prevent getting new ones so you don't end up in a cycle of treating past and recent PIH over and over again.And make sure your acne is under control first before using any chemical exfoliants.

Edited by Anta