Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Belief

Dose of accutane

I saw my dermatologist today and I told her I weigh approximately 60kg. Anyway I got home and weighed myself and I weigh 56kg. She said I would start on 60mg daily as 1mg for each kg. As my actual weight is 56kg is the difference from what I told her likely to affect the dose at all?

I saw my dermatologist today and I told her I weigh approximately 60kg. Anyway I got home and weighed myself and I weigh 56kg. She said I would start on 60mg daily as 1mg for each kg. As my actual weight is 56kg is the difference from what I told her likely to affect the dose at all?

Yeah what is your opinion on this? I am 22 and started accutane 10 days ago. I am taking 80mg a day.. I weigh ~180lbs though.. does this sound right? I thought it was normal to start low and increase each month

My dermatologist said if you can handle the side-effects its worth taking 1mg per kg for the whole course. As it gives the best chance of clearing the acne

When I was on accutane I started low (20mg) then increased to 40mg . . . 60 . . . and 80mg until I reached my total dosage. I'm 95kg.

I think the main difference is that you'll experience the side effects faster and more intense when starting at a high dose . . . BUT you'll get through the treatment as a whole faster. So you probably just need to discuss the risks and benefits of your dosage with your derm and decide what you'd like to do.

How long did it take for side effects to kick in for you guys? I have been on 10 days and only really experience dry lips, and more bumps then usual.