Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
serena22

soy rice or almond milk?

which is best for acne? i know soy has phyto estrogens - which could logically be good for acne couldnt it? im thinking of how the estrogen in birth control is good for your skin.

I'm not sure which is best for your skin, but I liken the soymilk! And I'd like to note that most soy, rice, and almond milks in general grocery stores are made by the same brand and taste nearly identical.

Both cause me to break out, but it might not be the case for you. I've discovered certain proteins are my triggers, so I drink rice milk.

which is best for acne? i know soy has phyto estrogens - which could logically be good for acne couldnt it? im thinking of how the estrogen in birth control is good for your skin.

Neither. Soy milk creates gyno in dudes from all the estrogen. Almond milk sounds like brown turd liquid. So none of that either. Stick with the cows milk. I drink 2-3 gallons of 0% fat milk a week. Clear skin and white teeth.

:dance:

Soy milk is also highly processed. The soy products I choose to consume are those that are naturally fermented, such as miso.

Unsweetened almond milk is my preference. I prefer the taste of rice milk but it's very high in carbs and sugar.

thanks for the replies! im gonna try unsweetened almond i think! maybe organic too.....the hormones in cows milk gross me out AND make me break out. i reccomend anyone with acne to ditch dairy!

thanks for the replies! im gonna try unsweetened almond i think! maybe organic too.....the hormones in cows milk gross me out AND make me break out. i reccomend anyone with acne to ditch dairy!

I am ditching rice milk too for now because i think it started breaking me out.

I personally believe dairy causes me to break out. I've given up cow's milk for probably over a year now. I'd go with the rice milk or almond milk. Also heard bad things about soy; it raises estrogen levels or something.

Speaking of ditching dairy...

...there is a new movie being released in the Spring of 2010 about how many diseases (including acne) cow's milk causes.

The Milk Documentary

The preview is here: >http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXhVTrSFgEI

milk does not cause acne, it may affect acne but does not cause it.

my friend drinks more milk then anyone i know, and has never had a pimple, this hypothesis is too easy to disprove by simple observations. Its not the milk.

the fact that it is in documentary form does not increase its probability of being true.

Edited by AutonomousOne1980

I would definitely choose almond milk. I've switch from regular dairy milk to soy milk and then finally to almond milk. I drink the unsweetened vanilla--it has 0 grams of sugar. When you compare almond milk with most brands of soy milk that you would buy (which can have up to and can exceed 30 grams of sugar), you will see that almond milk would be much better for acne. Dairy and soy are both known to be some of the leading causes of breakouts among acne sufferers, whereas experiencing breakouts from almonds is much, much less common. Good luck!

Edited by AcneEd.com

Neither. Soy milk creates gyno in dudes from all the estrogen. Almond milk sounds like brown turd liquid. So none of that either. Stick with the cows milk. I drink 2-3 gallons of 0% fat milk a week. Clear skin and white teeth.

:dance:

Sucks that some are allergic to cows milk. :P

drink real milk or take calcium citrate supps.

:) Yeah, milk is good! I suggest organic milk... ;| non organic can be safe... but organic is better ^^ I used to drink milk and I didn't had any problem.. I don't know why I stopped. :P

Edited by EddieE

I like the taste of soy milk the best, but it seems to be an acne trigger for many. Almond milk seems like the best choice, but unfortunately I'm allergic to nuts. I'm trying rice milk next, even if it is high in carbohydrates. At least the carbs are from rice, correct? Better than eating a plate of pasta or white bread.