Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ClaraLoassa

Multiple Skin Problems - How do you even develop a regimen?

Right so these are the issues I have with my skin:

-It is very dry

-It is acne prone, get new breakouts few times a week

-Skin is very dull looking

-Lots of uneven tone due to old acne marks

-Clogged pores/blackheads on the nose area

I've been using Dan's regimen on and off for a few years now. At my most rigorous, I did it straight for 7-8 months. It worked okay, it cleared my skin up a lot, but not completely. And it did nothing for the marks, I still got breakouts, and it definitely aggravated the dryness.

I just don't know what to do. I need a regimen that clears my skin and prevents new breakouts, while also getting rid of the acne marks and uneven tone and I guess brightening my complexion (and clearing out pores)? I have no idea what products to use, in what order, to try and achieve that. There's all these cleansers and scrubs and masks and microdermabrasion and AHAs and BHAs and it is so confusing.

Can anyone offer advice on products?

Edited by ClaraLoassa

It sounds like you need a gentle cleanser, and maybe use a gentle glycolic peel to get rid of dead skin. What I found out works really well is diet. Take lots of vitamins, eat lots of fruits and veggies to balance your crazy hormones, and try the green smoothies that everyone (including myself) is trying. It really does work wonders, but be patient and dont try anything harsh. Maybe birth control. I do all off this and at one point I would break out a few times a week. Now I only break out with one or two pimples around my "lady time". A moisturizer I love for dry skin is Garnier Nutritioniste Skin Renew Anti-Sun damage. I hope you find what works for you!