Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tyler92

Acne confined to hairline

So I have mild acne with oily skin, but over the last 1-2 yrs., I have been really only getting acne in my hairline. I don't really have acne elsewhere except for occasional breakouts - since its confined to the hairline, I thought it may have something to do with how to specifically treat acne in this area.

I have pretty thick facial hair, and do not really get a very close shave going downward only (I do not shave against the grain currently).

-Current shaving items include: edge gel for sensitive skin, and the Gillette Trac II Plus razor. I wash my face with Purpose gentle cleanser before lathering up.

-Current acne treatments include: Paula's Choice 2% bha gel.

I will get either one of the following after shaving:

-White puss underneath/next to a hair follice that is growing normally out of the skin. It either gently comes out, or it almost comes out from under the hair, similiar to a blackhead (which it may be).

-There is a small bump (usually on the neck). When squeezed a good amount of puss will come out every time. There is no hair at all near this bump.

I probably have about 3-4 of these total after each shave (shaving once every two days)

Ok, so just want possible advice on how to alleviate this. I posted this in the shaving forum as well, but would like to know from this forum is there is a product/regimen issue that could help. I am considering adding a 2.5% bp product to the regimen (from Dan, or Paula's Choice), and would like to solve this before making any changes. This has only developed in the last 1-2 yrs. (shaving for 7-8 yrs. before this)

Thanks.