Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Well, I'm new here :clap: My name's Birger (Strange name huh? :shifty: ) I'm 21 years old and to be honnest I don't know how bad my acné is. I think it's really bad but when I see other people, it looks like my skin is perfect :shifty:

But I'm tired of it so I started my Accutane threatment. Took my first 2 pills today :dance: I'm on a 30mg dose. 20mg in the morning and 10mg in the evening. Just hoping I get rid of it cause I have another problem I have to deal with:

I'm allergic to water :cry: . Dunno if allergic is the right word but I have this: Aquagenic pruritus. No fun at all, especially not when you're a swimmer like me. but we'll see where it goes.

But I'm here for acné so let's talk about that :D So day 1 no side effects, nothing interesting happened. Hope I can bring good news everytime I post but I think that aint possible. :lol:

Also my parents don't understand that I can't live with this anymore and I have 2 brothers who have a perfect skin. It's like i got all the bad things: Acné, allergic to water, bad eyes,... the only thing thats positive is that I'm twice as strong than my brothers so no problems there :lol:

and I'm from Belgium, so srry if my English is bad :redface:

but enough talking, bedtime!!

Well, I'm new here :clap: My name's Birger (Strange name huh? :shifty: ) I'm 21 years old and to be honnest I don't know how bad my acné is. I think it's really bad but when I see other people, it looks like my skin is perfect :shifty:

But I'm tired of it so I started my Accutane threatment. Took my first 2 pills today :dance: I'm on a 30mg dose. 20mg in the morning and 10mg in the evening. Just hoping I get rid of it cause I have another problem I have to deal with:

I'm allergic to water :cry: . Dunno if allergic is the right word but I have this: Aquagenic pruritus. No fun at all, especially not when you're a swimmer like me. but we'll see where it goes.

But I'm here for acné so let's talk about that :D So day 1 no side effects, nothing interesting happened. Hope I can bring good news everytime I post but I think that aint possible. :lol:

Also my parents don't understand that I can't live with this anymore and I have 2 brothers who have a perfect skin. It's like i got all the bad things: Acné, allergic to water, bad eyes,... the only thing thats positive is that I'm twice as strong than my brothers so no problems there :lol:

and I'm from Belgium, so srry if my English is bad :redface:

but enough talking, bedtime!!

Hey bud,

I hope the accutane works well for you. What kind of acne do you think you have? Please describe so i can try to predict the outcome and how accutane you will need. Is your skin very oily?

Best,

Adam

Hey bud,

I hope the accutane works well for you. What kind of acne do you think you have? Please describe so i can try to predict the outcome and how accutane you will need. Is your skin very oily?

Best,

Adam

Hey, thx for the reply. Describing my acné: Well, not that oily, it's oily, but not oily oily ;p and I got a lot of blackheads (nose forehead, btween the cheeks and nose), every week some new infections which I can 'remove' (whiteheads I think?) and once/2month one that takes ages to go away (cysts?)

Also acne on my back and chest.

Day 2

Nothing really special. 1 cyst on the side of my forehead and Skin was much more oily when I woke up. Also I didn't sleep that good. From 00.00 - 07.00 I slept like only 2 hours :( So I decided not to go to class in the morning and sleep a little more.

I think I'm just afraid of all the side-effects. During the night I thought my legs were really dry, my lips were dry,... but now I'm awake and everything is just normal :D

Just took my third pil (20mg)

Now gonna take a shower and go to school for my afternoon classes :)

Day 6

Well not much to say. Dryness around my mouth. Lips are actually just fine :D Nose is peeling. And I think increased acné on my back and chest. Face is just about the same as it used to be.

Been drinking water every second :D Have to go to the toilet every hour. But I really think it prevents my skin from getting extremely dry. Haven't used any kind of moisterizer yet, but I think I will soon :D

Also had a quiz yesterday. 5 hours without water, and I felt it. My mouth was completelly dry and I hated it. Now, everywhere I go I bring myself a bottle of water :)

That's about it :)

I too started on 11/24, will make sure to read your log and see how you are doing. I am doing 30mg twice a day and so far have noticed chapped lips, peeling of the face, and weird dreams.

Hay Birger

Hope all goes well for you, it aint easy but you'll get through it i'm sure. Be careful of too much swimming - I also swim a lot but figure i need to stop that for a while now as the chlorine really dries your skin out.

All the best

Martin

I too started on 11/24, will make sure to read your log and see how you are doing. I am doing 30mg twice a day and so far have noticed chapped lips, peeling of the face, and weird dreams.

So it's not just me with the weird dreams!

I had one the other night that seemed like it would make a good old-school horror movie, and Jigsaw was the killer (weapon of choice: a plastic spork. XD) and I haven't even seen a Saw movie in like two years.

Well no weird dreams for me, but today my face started peeling to. I woke up, looked in the mirror and everything looked just fine. Then I took a shower, went to my room for a while and returned to the bathroom, looked in the mirror and BAM! Snowflakes all over my face. So I started using bodylotions. Also my lips are getting dryer every day.

Hay Birger

Hope all goes well for you, it aint easy but you'll get through it i'm sure. Be careful of too much swimming - I also swim a lot but figure i need to stop that for a while now as the chlorine really dries your skin out.

All the best

Martin

Well, my last competition is on the 27th of december. After that I quit swimming for a few months I think. Not sure yet, cause swimming is a part of my life, also leaving behind all those friends, it's hard :cry:

I had one the other night that seemed like it would make a good old-school horror movie, and Jigsaw was the killer (weapon of choice: a plastic spork. XD) and I haven't even seen a Saw movie in like two years.

Whaa, nice dream :D Would love to have one of those. :D But i never remember my dreams. And if I remeber them it's about love, love, love. Haha :D

Edited by ZackWhite

Heyyyy

just wishing you luck!

pretty cool that you swim :)

how long have you been swimming

for the dry skin..use cetaphil...i use it and my face has not been dry at all...

it does leave your face oily though...

makeup helps the oiliness for me

dont think you wana use makeup tho ;)

funny how you described it as snowflakes..*cute*

LOL that's funny. Yeah, before Accutane I never had any kind of dream, but now, I have all kinds of weird dreams. My dreams are mostly of me beating the crap out of co-workers or me drowning in a 3 feet kiddie pool.

Heyyyy

just wishing you luck!

pretty cool that you swim :)

how long have you been swimming

for the dry skin..use cetaphil...i use it and my face has not been dry at all...

it does leave your face oily though...

makeup helps the oiliness for me

dont think you wana use makeup tho ;)

funny how you described it as snowflakes..*cute*

Hey, first of all, thank you! :)

And I've been swimming for over 13 years now. Maybe I should continue an other year cause 13 just brings bad luck :D

And my face isn't that dry anymore :) Don't have to use any moisurzer. Only my lips are a bit dry. Strange thing is that they are only dry on the left side :s

And I'll leave the make-up for the girls ;D Although my girlfriend is gonna 'paint' my face one day. If I allow ofcouse ;p

Hello, just came across your log. I wanna wish you good luck and hang in there alright! :) Keep us updated!

Also thank you very much :)

Day 12 has started I Think :D

Well not that much to repot. Left side of my lips is dry. Face isn't oily when wake up. Blackheads are much more noticeable. Also seems like there are much more of them.

Also I get tired very fast :o

Thats about it :D I see so many people telling stories about what they are gonna do and other things, but I'm not that kind of guy so srry xD

2 Weeks have past and I'm feeling great! :D Although I still have acne in combination with dry skin and lips. I just feel so great but I don't know why :D

K, thats all ;p