Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Chelle Kehne

MOISTURIZER BEFORE BP?

Hi,

Question about the reg- can I use moisturizer before I apply benzoyl peroxide, or would that deem the BP futile? Not quite sure if the order I use BP/moist. is extremely rigid under the regimen.

Thanks,

Michelle

No always apply BP first, let it dry then apply the moisturiser. Otherwise the effectiveness of both the BP and Moisturiser will be compromised.

I have heard of this working for some people. In particular, some people use a thin layer jojoba oil before the BP and then moisturize as normal afterward (without compromising the effect). Of course, each person's skin is different so it may not be a good idea for everyone, but if you're brave enough to try it, I say go for it. You might find that it works really well for you.

Thanks guys! I think I'll just stick with applying the BP before moisturizer. Geez, this regimen really has an art to it

Funny thing about using moisturizer BEFORE BP, worked 100% better than it did BP->Moist. I have been doing this for about 3 months now, and my skin looks better, not as red as it used to get with the BP before moisturizer. I say give it a try, only one way to find out... every1's skin acts different. That's the beauty of a personal 'regimen'