Jump to content
Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sarrah

Some reviews on Cetaphil Moisturising lotion

I have a moderate acne prone skin and have regular breakouts. now i am under anti acne medication (minocycline and azythromycin with salicylic acid face wash and adaphelene gel). it is making my skin extremely dry and makes it burn all the time specially around the lips and chin. my doc recommended cetaphil moisturizing lotion for such condition. but on the bottle its written it is for dry skin conditions. so will it worsen my acne and cause more break outs or should i give it a try?? plz help.....

Link to post

I was told to do the same by my dermatologist- so I bought both the Cetaphil lotion specifically for the face, and the regular lotion for dry/sensitive skin. The facial moisturizer was greasy and made my skin break out, it also burned a bit upon application. On the other hand, I really like the lotion for dry/sensitive skin for use on my face- it doesnt make me break out and really takes care of my dry skin. I hope this is helpful!

Link to post

I started the cetaphil facial moisturizer a week ago. I think it does add to the oily appearance, however it's too soon to say if it's making acne worse for me. I have a rather oily t-zone naturally. I am also on Retin-A which is quite drying so I need a good moisturizer to counter effect and hopefully keep the flaking down to a minimum. I would say I'm open to other moisturizing options, but so far this one seems better than others I've tried... Good luck. I know I am not much help yet, but if I note improvement or lack of improvement I'll holler!

Link to post

i would strongly advise removing the SA out of your treatment, i was on differin duac and a sa cleanser and it was so drying that it spread to my neck and made me have potato skin for days.

now im just washing with water, applying the duac and on mino as an oral antibiotic :)

Link to post

I'm a huge fan of Cetaphil moisturizer. I don't like their facial soaps, they're way too drying.

I get some extreme dry patches around my nose, chin, and corners of my mouth. After 4 days consecutively applying morning/night to the areas, the dry skin is totally gone. I also used it all over my face at one point and my skin was at it's clearest. I'm thinking about using a (different than Cetaphil) mild cleanser and using the lotion again.

Link to post

i hated it, it made my face very very greasy and i broke out more. get a fragrance free, oil free moisturizer. you'll be happy!

cetaphil moisturizer ingredients:

Water Purified, Glycerin, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth 20, Macadamia Nut Oil, Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Stearoxytrimethylsilane, Stearyl Alcohol, Panthenol, Farnesol, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Acrylates C10 30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Sodium Hydroxide, Citric Acid

cetaphil moisturizer ingredients:

Besides the fatty alcohols/glycerin it looks like a crappy ingredient list. LOL. It does the job though. And that's weird, mine says Sweet Almond Oil instead of Macadamia. Maybe my bottle is too old.

Link to post

I've been breaking out out of the blue on my cheeks for the past couple months and I went to my derm who said it was my moisturizer. I was on Neutrogena btw and she recommended I switch to Cetaphil and it made it worse.

Its way to greasy and makes acne prone skin worse, at least in my case. I recently switched over to Aveeno and I'm liking that a lot better.

Sunny