Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
giveback

Question on increasing tretinoin dosage

Ive been using Tretinoin 0.025% for quite some time now maybe 5-6 months and Im still getting comedonal acne. My regimen is Retin-a in the am and lots of BP in the pm. I know it isnt recommended to put Retin-a in the morning but I dont expose myself to sunlight cos I work at night. I still get a few blackheads and clogged pores on cheeks. I really want to be fully clear. Do you think I should increase my dosage to 0.05% or it would do more damage than good?

post-56801-1259051347_thumb.jpg

Edited by ironhide

Ive been using Tretinoin 0.025% for quite some time now maybe 5-6 months and Im still getting comedonal acne. My regimen is Retin-a in the am and lots of BP in the pm. I know it isnt recommended to put Retin-a in the morning but I dont expose myself to sunlight cos I work at night. I still get a few blackheads and clogged pores on cheeks. I really want to be fully clear. Do you think I should increase my dosage to 0.05% or it would do more damage than good?

[/quo

Don't do it without a derm dr. looking at your skin first. Tretinoin has been baned in many countries, like Asia because people with darker skin tones are prone to hyperpigmentation. My sister tried adding more to her cheeks, for that "extra" rosey look, and now she cant get rid of the two dark spots that formed. Its good you're not in the sun, but with ethnic skin, take no chances. Its not worth it. Good luck :think: