Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
GuardedlyOptimistic

Ear Acne: Am I a Freak?

:wall::wall::wall: Hi all,

i've been recently getting these very painful pimples behind my ears, INSIDE my ears, and on my scalp (big ones)...please, i need to know if this has ever happened to you or am i in major trouble?

please please please , let me know?

haha I got one pimple on my ear the pther day, check out my pics (check signature) never got one before there, hope it doesn't become a habit for it

other than that, I don't imagine you can do much to help earcne less u want to dab some bp there twice a day i guess, but the skins probably different there right?

Im in the same boat. Every few weeks I get a painful zit in my ear :redface2: Not very fun... I just try to clean my ears a lot.

your not alone, i get em on my left earlobe but not my right (weird enough) in my hairline at the temples (lucky the hair hides them). and even got a huge one INSIDE my nose once (both weird and incredibly gross).

oh wow - just figured out why i only get them on my left ear, reached up to touch it and hit my headset (i work in a call centre) - must be from the foamy pad that covers the headphone part..... well, thats a mystery solved tongue.gif

Guest >:(

I've gotten those a couple of times. Are you sure its not just bugbites? doubt.gif

I once had a cyst behind my ear. I actually felt kinda lucky because you couldn't really see it due to the location. I thought, if I have to get a cyst, at least it's in an inconspicous spot. It hurt like hell though. I also get them on my scaplt occasionally.

i always used to get theese large painfull sealed-off pimples in my ears.... also inside my nose!... no i dont think you are a freak smile.gif

I got one inside my ear about a month. It's only happened once but it sucked. It lasted a lot longer than other zits (at least it felt that way). It was painful at first and then itchy as it healed. I didn't put anything on it though. I must say, it was really sexy when i'm there with my finger in my ear scratching the hell out of it.

Guest rosierazor
Nope, you're perfectly normal. I've gotten zits on the actual LOBES....kinda like a disgusting earring.

the last part of this comment made me LOL.

i get the inside my ears from time to time, as well as tiny whiteheads on the lobe, and just before the little cartilage bumpy thingie on the side. (that made no sense, sorry).

I think it's possible to get acne anywhere, I've had one inside my ear and it was painful. My sister of course joked that a spider nested in my ear however it was just a pimple with a white head(a pustule I think?)

Went away in about three days (without messing with it)

hahaha i had one last week on my earlobe but it was inside it so u can see little red but u could feel it lol

i gues we're all "freaks" LOL XD WOooO!

nope you are not a freak. I get them too. I had a really painful big pimple on my ear lobe and finally popped it this morning. I'm guessing I get them because I wear my hair down most of the time.

I also have them behind my ear and had a couple in the outside of my ear where you use a q-tip. They are painful because the area is delicate. I get the in my scalp too and in the back of my neck hairline area.

You are not alone, trust me

haha you can't get acne on your palms and the soles of your feet cuz there are no sebum glands there.

Ya I have like these bumps inside my earlobe and I get pimples inside my ears.

You are by no means a freak, I've had terrible ear acne for a couple years now! All over, back front, inside, outside, sometimes so bad I couldn't sleep on that side cause they got so big. Nast, I know. Anyway, best things for them

1. Tea tree oil

2. BP spotting

3. when I eat a lot of fruit ( fruit sugar) they get ridiculous- I'm real sensitive to sugar period.

4. Could be an allergy- like the rest of your facial acne, lol. Hey, you never know

5. Clean your cellphone or earphones and try to sleep on your back

I always get a pimple on my ear lobe. It's rather unpleasant and hurts. I can't stop playing with it. It usually goes away on its own but I did have to squeeze it once.

:wall::wall::wall: Hi all,

i've been recently getting these very painful pimples behind my ears, INSIDE my ears, and on my scalp (big ones)...please, i need to know if this has ever happened to you or am i in major trouble?

please please please , let me know?

You arent a freak.This happens to my dear husband all the time (and he NEVER gets acne on his face,he has clear skin)

It could be from hair products or maybe seborric dermatitis or psoriosis or something.My husband has Psoriosis where he gets flakey,itchy patches on his head,so he uses head and shoulders every day.

Something stronger like NIZORAL might work better though.

Hot damn, it's a 4 year old thread!

Ear zits are super annoying and painful, but at least they're not very noticeable. Sometimes it just looks like part of your unique ear design.

Lots of people get those. I once had one in my ear and I went swimming. I think it affected the pressure in my ear because when I went deep under the water my ear hurt VERY badly. I would suggest not swimming if you have one inside your ear.