Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tulipbaroo

I'm so mean to my poor face...

I don't know what else to do. I'm the only thing keeping my face from looking nice. I just can't seem to leave it alone. I don't even have acne and I only break out once in while but I pick and pick and pick at my face so much that I cause it to irritate. I wish I could just stop. I get really anxious looking at myself. I try so hard to look perfect and reach this unreal image that I just end up looking ugly because I destroy my face. I try to live up to this standard others have made for me, looking put together and flawless.. and I know it's stupid but now it's become an obsession with beauty, fashion, makeup. Right now I just popped two "pimples" on my cheek. These weren't even pimples! They were just the clear filled ones. But now I have two huge red wounds on my face. I put hydrogen peroxide to dry them up, I wash with salicylic acid I sit with aloe vera on my face, I let cold air hit my face.. and I feel relieved. It's like I do this just to get my anxiety out. I stress myself out I panic I cry and then I sit with my wounds healing and feel great, even though my face looks like shit.. because it's "fixing itself." I know how good my face looks when I leave it alone and let it do it's thing.. but then I just fall back into this cycle. I don't even know what I'm anxious about. Maybe I'm just bored and just need a life. I've suffered from eating disorders in the past, and ocd and depression.. but I just use them as an outlet for my anxiety. Like something to take up time in my life. So I can make myself feel really bad when my anxiety strikes, to the point where I just kinda climax in stress.. and then I feel numb and exhausted and just relax, but kinda feel better after. I don't even make sense.

Edited by tulipbaroo

I used to be the same way, it was like I had OCD and had to pick and squeeze my face, but I stopped looking in the mirror. I avoided the mirror at all costs, and had to tell myself that I would only make things work. Not only will it help your skin to heal, but you won't think about your acne quite as much when you don't see yourself. Trust me, it will help a lot. Best of luck to ya!

i am a picker too, but getting much better keeping it under control. i find that the more stressful my day was or the more anxious i am, the more i just have to pick. even if there isn't any thing worth picking at...i will search and search for any little imperfection and just end up making it worse. so when i feel the urge to pick i try to find something else to keep my fingers busy. sometimes just pressing my thumbs and forefingers together help or i even find if i sit on my hands, that helps. i usually catch myself exploring my face and starting to pick at the end of the day while reading stuff on the internet (like right now :rolleyes: ). guess it is a way to unwind.

you may want to take a look at some post over on the skin picking sub-forum.

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Skin-picking-f60.html

i am a picker too, but getting much better keeping it under control. i find that the more stressful my day was or the more anxious i am, the more i just have to pick. even if there isn't any thing worth picking at...i will search and search for any little imperfection and just end up making it worse. so when i feel the urge to pick i try to find something else to keep my fingers busy. sometimes just pressing my thumbs and forefingers together help or i even find if i sit on my hands, that helps. i usually catch myself exploring my face and starting to pick at the end of the day while reading stuff on the internet (like right now :rolleyes: ). guess it is a way to unwind.

you may want to take a look at some post over on the skin picking sub-forum.

picking your face is a no-no :naughty: leave it alone u dont want to have scars like mine find something else to do with ur hands ,just remind yourself what the consequneces will be

I don't know what else to do. I'm the only thing keeping my face from looking nice. I just can't seem to leave it alone. I don't even have acne and I only break out once in while but I pick and pick and pick at my face so much that I cause it to irritate. I wish I could just stop. I get really anxious looking at myself. I try so hard to look perfect and reach this unreal image that I just end up looking ugly because I destroy my face. I try to live up to this standard others have made for me, looking put together and flawless.. and I know it's stupid but now it's become an obsession with beauty, fashion, makeup. Right now I just popped two "pimples" on my cheek. These weren't even pimples! They were just the clear filled ones. But now I have two huge red wounds on my face. I put hydrogen peroxide to dry them up, I wash with salicylic acid I sit with aloe vera on my face, I let cold air hit my face.. and I feel relieved. It's like I do this just to get my anxiety out. I stress myself out I panic I cry and then I sit with my wounds healing and feel great, even though my face looks like shit.. because it's "fixing itself." I know how good my face looks when I leave it alone and let it do it's thing.. but then I just fall back into this cycle. I don't even know what I'm anxious about. Maybe I'm just bored and just need a life. I've suffered from eating disorders in the past, and ocd and depression.. but I just use them as an outlet for my anxiety. Like something to take up time in my life. So I can make myself feel really bad when my anxiety strikes, to the point where I just kinda climax in stress.. and then I feel numb and exhausted and just relax, but kinda feel better after. I don't even make sense.

anserw;no picking your face remind yourself of the consequences that will happen if u do that :naughty: