Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kevin201

Please help me

I am not sure if i am in the right forum.. I am 25 year old male and have had acne since i have been 13 or so.. I truely believe it played a huge part in my drug and alcohol abuse from the ages 14 to 22.. As much as my acne effects me i still tried to live a normal life much better since the age of 22.. I have tried everything and everything... I have wasted thousands of dollars of laser treatments that gave it a quick fix maybe for a month or so but then back to my skins normal pattern..I never slack on treating it but it just doesnt want to go away.. I get white heads not so severe but these nodules i can longer deal with it.. My skin is never clear but at times better than some days.. It effects me more as i get older i have a beautiful 2 year old daughter that i rarely takes pictures with because i am embarressed.. I dont know where i was going with all that maybe just venting.. I have been to drs who said i could go on accutane but i got scared and decided to waste thousands on laser treatments which again were a quick fix..So my questions are should i take it? And if i do start taking it i will be paying out of pocket at least for the first two months till my insurance kicks in from my job any advice?