Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ANON DEALS WITH ACNE

Fasting For Acne

Hello, users of acne.org :)

I'm only 18 but I've dealt with acne for a very long time. I've tried everything you can think of to "cure" my acne or at least subside it. I wouldn't say I have SEVERE acne, but it's getting there. I also have scars from where I had did the bad and picked at my face. I'm also VERY pale so it looks very very terrible.

Well to the point, I've been researching DIETS for acne. Like I stated earlier I've tried everything. I've been to dermatologists numerous times, they would just give me antibiotics and a cream that would eventually show no signs of improvement over a 4 month course, or some have just turned my face so dry and red it looked as if I had sunburn. I've tried home remedies, over the counter products, and just so much more. Lately, I've been doing ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to my face. Instead in the morning I just run simi-hot water onto a towel and press it to my face for about 5 minutes and that's ALL. I have to say my face does look a bit better but it's still not enough.

So after my long search on the internet I've discovered quite a few things. Your INSIDES are basically the start of your acne. Wash your face 30 times and still no improvement? That's because as many times as someone online or even a doctor says food has nothing to go with it, they're WRONG.

I will give you the link to the man that 'saved my life'

He taught me A LOT about acne and the cause. If that link didn't show ( I'm new here bare with me )

Search on youtube DrJamesMartin.

Other than all this mumbo jumbo. I've decided to fast for a week, just to see and inform you guys of how/if it works. I know many people think fasting is another way of just saying anorexic but it's not. Anorexia is a disease, you choose to fast. For health reasons, religious reasons, and many more. You will not DIE. But if you do already have medical problems I suggest you don't even try.

Many people can juice or water fast. I've heard with water fasting you get better and faster results so I shall do that.

I'll be posting daily :)

Please share your previous fasting experience or if you have any questions.

Good day xx

Hello, users of acne.org :)

I'm only 18 but I've dealt with acne for a very long time. I've tried everything you can think of to "cure" my acne or at least subside it. I wouldn't say I have SEVERE acne, but it's getting there. I also have scars from where I had did the bad and picked at my face. I'm also VERY pale so it looks very very terrible.

Well to the point, I've been researching DIETS for acne. Like I stated earlier I've tried everything. I've been to dermatologists numerous times, they would just give me antibiotics and a cream that would eventually show no signs of improvement over a 4 month course, or some have just turned my face so dry and red it looked as if I had sunburn. I've tried home remedies, over the counter products, and just so much more. Lately, I've been doing ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to my face. Instead in the morning I just run simi-hot water onto a towel and press it to my face for about 5 minutes and that's ALL. I have to say my face does look a bit better but it's still not enough.

So after my long search on the internet I've discovered quite a few things. Your INSIDES are basically the start of your acne. Wash your face 30 times and still no improvement? That's because as many times as someone online or even a doctor says food has nothing to go with it, they're WRONG.

I will give you the link to the man that 'saved my life'

He taught me A LOT about acne and the cause. If that link didn't show ( I'm new here bare with me )

Search on youtube DrJamesMartin.

Other than all this mumbo jumbo. I've decided to fast for a week, just to see and inform you guys of how/if it works. I know many people think fasting is another way of just saying anorexic but it's not. Anorexia is a disease, you choose to fast. For health reasons, religious reasons, and many more. You will not DIE. But if you do already have medical problems I suggest you don't even try.

Many people can juice or water fast. I've heard with water fasting you get better and faster results so I shall do that.

I'll be posting daily :)

Please share your previous fasting experience or if you have any questions.

Good day xx

Fasting is a very healthy practice. I was in almost the exact same situation you are in. I'm 19, I had taken lots of antibiotics and my acne was just getting worse.

I tried water fasting first. It is HARD. Not because I was tempted to eat, but because I had so little energy I couldn't do much other than walk around. I also got an intense head rush every time I stood up. I made it 3 full days before I gave in and started eating again.

So after that failed I tried juice fasting (A MUCH better plan for a first time faster). I fasted for TWENTY TWO days on distilled water and various organic juices! I shocked myself by how long I pushed the fast. In that time I lost 20 pounds, which put from (6'2" tall) 150 to 130 lbs. Needless to say, I started out skinny and looked anorexic when I finished. BUT I do believe the fast actually helped me to be able to gain weight, as I weigh about 170 now (3 months later). Fasting regulates the metabolism and therefore helps overweight people to lose weight, and underweight people to gain weight.

Although after my juice fast I felt much healthier overall (My lungs cleared out an insane amount of mucus from being a smoker for 5 years), I still had acne to the same degree as before. I now attribute this to the fact that all the antibiotics I took led to a candida overgrowth in my intestines, which I am fighting against and winning now.

Bottom line: If you don't have Candida, fasting will be of great benefit to your skin. If you do have Candida, juice fasting will keep it alive.