Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jimmy89

What kind of treatment should I consider?

I've had acne for the past 3-4 years, and I made the mistake of picking at every zit that ever came up on my face.

I've attached some pictures of my face- It's only really in the cheek/jawline area that I'm concerned about. My forehead/Chin never got acne too bad. I am 20 years old.

I believe I have a lot of rolling scars and some icepicks, as well as a zit or two. I am less concerned with the acne that I am getting these days (as it's only a zit here and there) and more with the scarring that myh previous acne has given me. I am looking for any treatment possible to totally rid myself oteh scarring at any cost- though cheaper would obviously be better. Are there any products I could buy in a local store that would help me achieve smoother and less scarred skin or am i looking at surgical methods only?

Any help is appreciated. Thank you

post-103670-1259008210_thumb.jpg

post-103670-1259008236_thumb.jpg

post-103670-1259008256_thumb.jpg

As far as surgical methods go, I live in southern california area, and if you are familiar with any doctors in this area names/prices/etc would be appreciated.

post-103670-1259008210_thumb.jpg

post-103670-1259008236_thumb.jpg

post-103670-1259008256_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jimmy89

I was wondering if the TCA Cross/Subscision would help me at all. I'm mostly bothered by how my skin looks in the sunlight as it seems to make the scars appear extra deep/pronounced, and being involved in intercollegiate athletics makes me outside for a good portion of the day during practice and whatnot.

What information can you give about the Fractional C02 laser? What is the cost and where can it be done?

Try La Jolla cosmetic surgery center I'm going in for Fraxel Repair Dec. 21, When I went in for my consultation they said that they use subcision and punch as well as a number of different lasers. give them a try!

Those scars don't look that deep at all. Unless u have enough money to dish out for lasers, i'd just let them fill in naturally over time. When it comes to shallow scars, don't be too hasty or else u might make the situation worse

Those scars don't look that deep at all. Unless u have enough money to dish out for lasers, i'd just let them fill in naturally over time. When it comes to shallow scars, don't be too hasty or else u might make the situation worse

Too hasty? If he can afford fractional co2 laser why shouldnt he go for it? Not many things to go wrong.

his scars look about like mine did. they may have been shallow, but i hated seeing them in bad lighting. it also made me constantly self conscious under harsh lighting. they also never healed on there own, and i'm 26 years old, 9-10 years post acne. i say get a treatment. i just had CO2 fractional resurfacing, and it looks really good so far. SO Excited!!!

the cost is also pretty reasonable if you shop around.

Dude i have tried evrything from fraxel CO2 to skin peels USA to liposuction to micro-dermabrasion..

i guess Good results you can expect only from dermarollers also it is very cost effective dont know much abt TCA peels .... checkout this.dermarollers.hope this helps

Edited by indish20

Jimmy,

Thought I'd post and give you some expertees as you start your journey towards better skin.

For you this is what I would do. You can take it or leave it.

First your scarring doesn't look too awful at all. I would start off with getting rid of the acne...do your best to keep clean...

I recommend tazorac in evenings (moisturize with oil-free like olay moisturizer in the beginnings) also use benzaclin followed by similar moisturizer with spf 15 in mornings...

Tazorac or Retin A should help reduce the acne to a point where your pimples are even smaller and less frequent...and may help with post pigmentation issues.

Then after that I would look into some procedures like laser, subcision, dermabrasion and see which is best for you and speak with a board certified dermatologist.

Do a lot of research...check out realself.com also...good website.

Good luck.

Yours don't look too deep...TCA cross and chemical peels may help...not sure.