Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Quezya

Results in a week

So I woke up today and almost all of my acne if GONE! Two Smoothies a day for a week and I'm pretty much clear. I came up with the recipe after doing a lot of research.

To post it again for those of you who are too lazy to read back into my blog the recipe is...

In a blender pour in about a cup of carrot juice. That should cover the blades and then a little more.

Add in about a cup of low fat vanilla yogurt, or whatever flavor you want.

Then add lemon juice. You need about 1/4th of a cup a day so I freeze lemon juice in ice cube trays and then just add two, to the blender. That way its not super runny either.

Add mint about 2 leaves. If you add too much your stomach might feel weird later.

I buy a bag called berry medley. Its in the frozen food isle. It has strawberry, raspberry, blue berry and black berry) about a small handful or however much you like.

Then add a big handful of spinach. You can't taste it so don't be put off. It just tastes like a berry smoothie with a little lemon/mint.

I drink this smoothie while I write this blog and message back everyone. The recipe makes two servings I drink it all in one big cup. I find myself craving this smoothie a few hours later, which helps keep you motivated to keep making them.

The ingredients were chosen to promote better liver function and clearer skin. The idea is that if the liver is having to clean less junk out from your body it'll do a better job cleaning up the things that tend to cause acne. Other ingredients are just good for your skin so the smoothie is doing a lot of work internally. I've also noticed that I have no IBS symptoms anymore. Before the smoothie I suffered with severe IBS symptoms and now everything's running better than good.

I hope you all try my recipe and try using some lemon juice on your skin every once in a while.

Quezya

Hey

I was searching for a good Smoothie recipe.. Thanks a lot for sharing your Recipe... Btw can you suggest me some good Blenders??? Which you have personally used??

Moved to the Nutrition And Holistic Health board.

Please read the board descriptions before posting to ensure that you're starting your threads on the appropriate boards. : )

Hey

I was searching for a good Smoothie recipe.. Thanks a lot for sharing your Recipe... Btw can you suggest me some good Blenders??? Which you have personally used??

Lol I like glass blenders without pour spouts. I just know that I have two and I hate the plastic one with a pour spout it never cleans right it never blends perfectly. So yeah.

So I woke up today and almost all of my acne if GONE! Two Smoothies a day for a week and I'm pretty much clear. I came up with the recipe after doing a lot of research.

To post it again for those of you who are too lazy to read back into my blog the recipe is...

In a blender pour in about a cup of carrot juice. That should cover the blades and then a little more.

Add in about a cup of low fat vanilla yogurt, or whatever flavor you want.

Then add lemon juice. You need about 1/4th of a cup a day so I freeze lemon juice in ice cube trays and then just add two, to the blender. That way its not super runny either.

Add mint about 2 leaves. If you add too much your stomach might feel weird later.

I buy a bag called berry medley. Its in the frozen food isle. It has strawberry, raspberry, blue berry and black berry) about a small handful or however much you like.

Then add a big handful of spinach. You can't taste it so don't be put off. It just tastes like a berry smoothie with a little lemon/mint.

I drink this smoothie while I write this blog and message back everyone. The recipe makes two servings I drink it all in one big cup. I find myself craving this smoothie a few hours later, which helps keep you motivated to keep making them.

The ingredients were chosen to promote better liver function and clearer skin. The idea is that if the liver is having to clean less junk out from your body it'll do a better job cleaning up the things that tend to cause acne. Other ingredients are just good for your skin so the smoothie is doing a lot of work internally. I've also noticed that I have no IBS symptoms anymore. Before the smoothie I suffered with severe IBS symptoms and now everything's running better than good.

I hope you all try my recipe and try using some lemon juice on your skin every once in a while.

Quezya

do you sustitute any meal with the smooth? at what time do you drink them? thanks

Hey

You'd be surprised, but the Ninja Blender from the infomercials actually gets a lot of great reviews.

Look it up.

Hey

You'd be surprised, but the Ninja Blender from the infomercials actually gets a lot of great reviews.

Look it up.

You know...I always want that just because it's called NINJA Blender. Seriously, how awesome is that name!?

That aside, the recipe actually doesn't sound that appetizing to me...UNLESS perhaps I could try my luck with fat free frozen yogurt and get rid of the mint leaves? I've tried various minty things and the ONLY way I enjoy mint is in hard candy form.

I'll have to put the taste test on hold as I'm too darn poor to buy fresh spinach , carrots and such.

-I may have to bookmark this post until I have the cash to buy some quality ingredients.

Edited by gMARIAs

I know, that name really is awesome.

Even more awesome than Bullet (the product was a piece of shit though). But every independent review I've seen for the Ninja praise it, and say how well it works, so I should probably order it too.

:ninja:

Edited by Jërëmÿn

The smoothie just tastes like a berry smoothie. You can't taste the spinach and the mint you can toss out if you want but I picked the ingredients for a reason. It'll probably still work without them. As of today I only have 5 bumps and its been a week to the day since i started drinking my smoothies. Nothing else in my life or diet has changed just the smoothies.

Time for some imagespam.

This is my second "green smoothie" ever. My first consisted of spinach, garlic, strawberries, and soymilk. It wasn't green, it wasn't good, and it resembled zombie spunk.

This time round I substituted carrot juice with a cup of carrots and enough orange juice to fill the empty parts, and pureed that first (which turned out surprisingly well). I also just used strawberries. Not in the pics, but fresh lemons as well.

http://i775.photobucket.com/albums/yy38/kingdededede/1.jpg

http://i775.photobucket.com/albums/yy38/kingdededede/2.jpg

http://i775.photobucket.com/albums/yy38/kingdededede/3.jpg

http://i775.photobucket.com/albums/yy38/kingdededede/4.jpg

My verdict: exceedingly bitter but also much better than my first attempt, and pretty refreshing. Probably more bitter because of the already unpalatable bitterness of Nancy's yoghurt.

Drank the whole thing; it made a quart! If it gives me zits I'll come back and spam the thread with pics of my first attempt at this (jk). But I feel better already! Hopefully the dairy doesn't muss up my diet.

Edited by treefase93

Time for some imagespam.

This is my second "green smoothie" ever. My first consisted of spinach, garlic, strawberries, and soymilk. It wasn't green, it wasn't good, and it resembled zombie spunk.

This time round I substituted carrot juice with a cup of carrots and enough orange juice to fill the empty parts, and pureed that first (which turned out surprisingly well). I also just used strawberries. Not in the pics, but fresh lemons as well.

http://i775.photobucket.com/albums/yy38/kingdededede/1.jpg

http://i775.photobucket.com/albums/yy38/kingdededede/2.jpg

http://i775.photobucket.com/albums/yy38/kingdededede/3.jpg

http://i775.photobucket.com/albums/yy38/kingdededede/4.jpg

My verdict: exceedingly bitter but also much better than my first attempt, and pretty refreshing. Probably more bitter because of the already unpalatable bitterness of Nancy's yoghurt.

Drank the whole thing; it made a quart! If it gives me zits I'll come back and spam the thread with pics of my first attempt at this (jk). But I feel better already! Hopefully the dairy doesn't muss up my diet.

...Garlic? LOL. *cough*

Thorough photos! I love it. I'll have to do the same thing when I recreate this next week. With our ancient blender. Kinda scared still though. The pictures were a little comforting at least. ...I just have this deep fear of green smoothies.

Did you add (or rather have in the first place) the mint? Maybe it would've washed out some of the bitterness.

Are you going to keep up with it daily? ........I don't know, I really want another guinea pig before I try it. That sounds really mean. lol.

...Garlic? LOL. *cough*

Thorough photos! I love it. I'll have to do the same thing when I recreate this next week. With our ancient blender. Kinda scared still though. The pictures were a little comforting at least. ...I just have this deep fear of green smoothies.

Did you add (or rather have in the first place) the mint? Maybe it would've washed out some of the bitterness.

Are you going to keep up with it daily? ........I don't know, I really want another guinea pig before I try it. That sounds really mean. lol.

Jeez, am I not good enough for you? And yeah, I did put in the mint. It was dried, but fresh; it was from my garden (and put in that glass jar) and I use it for tea.

It was mostly bitter due to the particular yoghurt and all 6 of the lemons and the orange juice and 1tbs of sugar I used. And TBH I was kind of hoping it would be green. I used to be obsessed with green catsup as a child. Oh well. Might just add some of those flavorless "powdered greens" next time. Just worked out and I had TONS of energy!

You guys are funny. Tree why so many lemons? Why don't you buy the ready to pour big bottles? If your attempting smoothies try my concoction. I'm even clearer today. Thanks to my inventing my own smoothie recipe. My skin hasn't looked this good in a very long time. Hope your smoothies work and I hope you try mine. I did a TON of research to come up with these ingredients. Good luck guys.

You guys are funny. Tree why so many lemons? Why don't you buy the ready to pour big bottles? If your attempting smoothies try my concoction. I'm even clearer today. Thanks to my inventing my own smoothie recipe. My skin hasn't looked this good in a very long time. Hope your smoothies work and I hope you try mine. I did a TON of research to come up with these ingredients. Good luck guys.

Thanks Quezya (by the way, you are lucky to have such a unique name you can make it your username!)

And that's interesting, you used the big pure lemon juice bottles from concentrate? Do you likewise use that on your face or do you use fresh lemons for that? Because buying the lemon juice in the bottle would be so much more convenient for smoothie making. It crossed my mind, but I wanted my recipe to be exactly like yours. I'm going to pick up the ingredients after I get over my sickness and do a photo shoot how treefase93 did. lol. And try it for a solid two weeks. I just asked him to do it for me to see how it'd taste LOL, so I'm guessing he improvised with what he had.

Wouldn't blending fruits actually be bad due to the sugar levels?

I was pondering this, myself. However, I think as long as you don't use super sugary fruits, like bananas, grapes, pears, pineapples. cherries, mangos and stuff like that, it shouldn't be as bad. Also, avoid oranges or orange juice because it's been known to cause crazy acne in a lot of people for some reason.

The fruits lowest in sugar are: lemon/lime, rhubarb, raspberries, blackberries, and cranberries. Actually, I think most berries are low sugar fruits. Apples are actually labeled as being moderately high in sugar, but I used to eat them a lot and they never caused me any problems. The only fruits I've had problems with are oranges, grapes, bananas (horribly) and pineapple.

You also have to remember that the sugars are complex and not absorbed the same as regular ol' refined sugar. Much like whole wheat bread is less likely to cause breakouts than refined white bread. There's still the chance if you eat too much, but still a little less likely.

Also, why are you guys using bottled lemon juice? It's full of preservatives, loses nutrients and doesn't taste nearly as good, in my opinion. It's really easy to just squeeze fresh lemon juice and if you hate the idea of squeezing daily - which I think preserves nutrients best, you can always buy a little jar and juice the lemons yourself. Lemons usually keep for a good 2 weeks.

I do have a question: Considering yogurt is dairy product, wouldn't it be bad for some people's skin? Would it be possible to substitute almond milk or something?

I wonder if there are any non-dairy yogurt substitutes.

Yogurt with flavors are bad.... why not just buy plain yogurt without sugars added...

Then buy vanilla extract or something... :) much healthier

Edited by EddieE