Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JayQ

Benzaclin vs Acne.org

Ok i have been doing a benzaclin regimen with acne.org cleanser, and cetaphil moisturizer for about a month. I am still getting a few nodule breakouts on chin but it has helped over all i think. I only apply it at night as well.

My question is to those out there that have tried both the benzaclin regimen and acng.org BP regimen. Which one worked out better? I know for celest both worked out, but i am just curious if the 2.5% would be better since benzaclin is 5%, but the benzaclin has clindamycin in which i would think would be better than just BP.

I guess i am just gettin frustrated that this benzaclin has not worked out yet at preventing new ones, but still i would like to get peoples experiences with both.

While you're waiting for replies, you might browse through the ratings and reviews for both.

http://www.acne.org/rate.php

Thanks for the suggestion as i have been reading through them. The thing i do not understand is people mentioning that you become immune to it and it does not work.

I did not think you could become immune to BP? Is this true? If so how would you know for sure?

I was on Benzaclin for a while [at least 6 months+], it worked at first and then...i just got breakouts as usual. That's all I can really say since I've never used 'The Regimen'

I did not think you could become immune to BP? Is this true? If so how would you know for sure?

http://www.acne.org/faq.html#resistant

Thanks! I was thinking i was right on that and was wondering why ppl was saying they were becoming immune to benzaclin? I knew you could become to immune to oral anitbiotics because i did with minocycline. Hmmm anyway back to the topic......

Edited by JayQ

Well honestly i have never tried Benzaclin or really heard of what it is...but what i can tell you is that the regimen works really well for me...i have been using it for a lil over a month and just at night soo its great my acne was mildly moderate so when i tried once to use it twice a day the bp it was too harsh...below is my regimen in my signature :)

you should consider giving it a try..but also maybe givine benzaclin another month after all the advice i keep hearing is give regimens like 2-3 months if your not getting results...but Dans is Great! is say

Well honestly i have never tried Benzaclin or really heard of what it is...but what i can tell you is that the regimen works really well for me...i have been using it for a lil over a month and just at night soo its great my acne was mildly moderate so when i tried once to use it twice a day the bp it was too harsh...below is my regimen in my signature :)

you should consider giving it a try..but also maybe givine benzaclin another month after all the advice i keep hearing is give regimens like 2-3 months if your not getting results...but Dans is Great! is say

Ya i am pretty much on the same regimen doing only benzaclin at night. Just wondering though if it does not work out for me, i dont see how anyother BP regimen would work either.