Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
GuardedlyOptimistic

How bad is the initial accutane breakout?

hi all,

i know this may be the lesser of my worries if i cave in and say yes to this drug, but i want to know what to expect. people's reports vary because what one person deems to be severe isn't at all to someone else. it's all subjective I guess.

so, regardless, after stating that, can you please tell me PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE how bad your initial breakouts were?

secondly, will it clear the problem up forever? or, will there maybe be more scarring and torment? my doc's nurse took it as a teenager and everytime i go to the doc she tells me to go on it because the acne never ever came back for her. wasn't she a lucky one?

please, i'm at my rope's end

accutane can keep you clean for up to 1-2+ years, which for a teen, is usually the amount of time for it to go away normally, so after accutane gets out of you, you'll be naturally clear biggrin.gif.

i've been using accutane for like 7 weeks now, my initial break out was on my chin and the side of my mouth. I had like 2 big zits on my chin, and about 2 smaller ones, then like 3 zits by the side of my mouth. Wasn't all that bad, considering that is probably the one hill you go over, and then it's downhill from there (downhill in a good way of course)

hey thanks for replying. but, i'm 25 years old dealing with this for 6 years. i guess my acne could be termed as moderate -severe. not sure though. i have purple marks all over my cheeks.....i mean very purple. can you say barney? so......should i not take the accutane then because it's a hormonal imbalance which will cause the acne to come back once the accutane wears off?

my doctor that made me take it.. he was talking about accutane as if it were vitamin c lol. He said he takes accutane every once in awhile to keep away acne.

so many you can take accutane, and in awhile when you think it's about to come back... maybe take a few more weeks of it?

yo optimistic...STAY optimistic bro(assuming ur a guy)....im on accutane for the 2nd time an im gettin lumps so damn big i cant see wuts in front of me sumtimes....im jus passin ma 3 month mark an i still cant SEE sumtimes cus of my retarded breakouts.....dudde....if ur like me....then its party time in the basement for a couple months and dun even think about goin clubbin or partyin cus ur jus gunna knock down people with ur acne......"home is where the heart is"......on a more serious side....if ur doc recommended accutane an you have tried almost everything out there besides putting on ur sisters makeup...then ACCUTANE is the final and only answer.....dont be scared....its not that bad....sacrifice 5 months of ur life an be rewarded with better skin or at least "average" skin.....

isnt that wut we all want?? AVERAGE SKIN DAMMIT...i dun ask for GOLDEN CRYSTAL CLEAR skin....jus....average......good luk yo

my doctor that made me take it.. he was talking about accutane as if it were vitamin c lol.  He said he takes accutane every once in awhile to keep away acne.

so many you can take accutane, and in awhile when you think it's about to come back... maybe take a few more weeks of it?

My experience was.... I started accutane, no initial breakout, about 3 months later noticed steady improvement. After 6 months, i was acne free. All for the price of chapped lips. Take the drug!!! It's amazing!