Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
giveback

Suggest a treatment for me please! thanks

Hi guys. Im planning to ask my parents for a scar treatment present (gift) this Christmas break.

Ive always hated those huge holes on my nose :( I know the pictures arent that clear because im only using a 3.2 megapix camera. Ill try to upload new photos when i get my other cam fixed. I have been an acne sufferer for 11 years now.

post-56801-1261550573_thumb.jpg

post-56801-1261550618_thumb.jpg

post-56801-1258968180_thumb.jpg

post-56801-1258968402_thumb.jpg

post-56801-1258968469_thumb.jpg

post-56801-1258968180_thumb.jpg

post-56801-1258968402_thumb.jpg

post-56801-1258968469_thumb.jpg

post-56801-1261550573_thumb.jpg

post-56801-1261550618_thumb.jpg

Edited by ironhide

Yes i am serious. They are more pronounced in real life of course. Those holes on my nose are huge in real life. Im so sorry if I made you think I was joking, i will ll re-upload once i get my 5 megapix camera fixed. Thanks

Edited by ironhide

IronHide, you might want to start checking out the new e-matrix that is being discussed here. http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Gonna-eMa...bl-t252773.html One of the major selling ponts for the e-Matrix is the ability to use it on darker skin types. Your scars seem pretty mild and it appears e-matrix is much milder than Fraxel Re:pair. There is not much data on it, so I would keep researching it until you are satisfied that it is what it claims to be and not just another passing trend.

I am a Fraxel Re:pair advocate, but with your darker skin I wouldn't recommend that.

So I went to see a well known Dermatologist here in the Philippines and he suggested TCA Cross and Dermarolling for my acne scars.

$62 per session of TCA cross

$80 per session of dermarolling.

I informed my doctor that my skin is very fragile because of my daily maintenance regimen to remain clear. I put BP in the morning and Retin-a 0.025% at night. I thought he would say that I should stop Retin-A before the TCA cross/Dermaroll but instead he said that my results will be even better because of tretinoin.

Good luck with your treatment, you scars seem very mild, you should get good results with needling and/or TCA peels/TCA CROSS.

BTW, don't purchase from the site plugged on the post above (derma-rollers.com). If you want to buy a roller/stamp you can get cheaper elsewhere. But most importantly, this site is very dishonest, it had some incredibly ridiculous before and after pics.