Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gregh313

excessively oily skin.

I've always had oily skin, but after using the regimen, my skin has gone beyond oily (much, much more oily than before).

I've been using oil absorbing sheets, and now have to go through two of them to get all the oil off. I never used moisturizers before (and my skin never got very dry). Is that why my skin is over-producing oils?

I've always had oily skin, but after using the regimen, my skin has gone beyond oily (much, much more oily than before).

I've been using oil absorbing sheets, and now have to go through two of them to get all the oil off. I never used moisturizers before (and my skin never got very dry). Is that why my skin is over-producing oils?

Hi Greg,

I've read your symptoms. Sounds like the treatment isn't suitable for you. Perhaps you could try my acne treatment...it won't damage your skin like Benzoyl Peroxide. (I 'abused' this harsh product and my skin became really coarse and prematurely wrinkled). In fact, I don't recommend BP except for small localised spot treatment.

Instead, I recommend a gentle treatment which successfully cleared my acne and improved my skin texture by 80% in just 4 days using 3 inexpensive items:

1. Sea salt

2. Crystal Mineral Deodorant Stick

3. Macadamia, Vitamin E & Lavender oil product by Thursday Plantation.

For treatment details see

www.acne.org/messageboard/Saxa-Evaporated-Sea-Salt-t254091.html

Hope it helps!!!

AquaSea :)

Edited by aquasea

As a person with excessively oily skin, I'm going to pass on my advice: Use a moisturiser. I always thought that my skin was too oily for a moisturiser, until I read that the reason my skin was oily could be because it was trying to compensate for the lack of moisture I was putting into it. I then started using a moisturiser and although the first two weeks were a bit oilier than usual, my skin started to get accustomed to it and now it isn't as oily as it was before. I guess everyone is different, but give it a go.

As a person with excessively oily skin, I'm going to pass on my advice: Use a moisturiser. I always thought that my skin was too oily for a moisturiser, until I read that the reason my skin was oily could be because it was trying to compensate for the lack of moisture I was putting into it. I then started using a moisturiser and although the first two weeks were a bit oilier than usual, my skin started to get accustomed to it and now it isn't as oily as it was before. I guess everyone is different, but give it a go.

sorry, I dont know why my reply posted twice

Edited by Shortney.