Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bballer2330

questions about accutane.

Hey guys and girls, I will be starting accutane tomorrow and I have some questions. I bought Cerave cleanser and lotion, anyone have an opinion with those and accutane? Also has anyone drank alcohol while on acctuane? I mean i'm definitely not an alcoholic but I'm in college and drink on the weeekends with my friends. And last but not least, I work out 3-4 times a week pretty heavily. Will I notice any difference while on accutane? I really appreciate any advice. God bless.

not sure about the cleanser/lotion, so cant help u there...

i did drink for a little bit while on accutane, but then my skin was terrible for a few months so i didnt go out at all (tad depressing). however, the last 2 months it cleared up enough for me to start going out again - didnt really affect my progress. its probably best to drink less though, especially if u lose sleep - sleep's good for ya skin.

as for exercise, i used to gym 6 days a week but that declined as the accutane did make my joints ache quite a bit more than usual. so just be aware with that! that doesnt mean stop exercising all together. just take it a bit easier and listen to ur body.

good luck!

Hi there! I just finised my Accutane course so I can give you a few tips.

I haven't tried Cerave lotion, so I can't help you there. But any decent brand of moisturizer should do fine, as long as you use it regularly. (At least twice a day, if dryness is a problem.)

It's ok to drink on Accutane, but go light on alcohol. Accutane can mess up your liver. That's why you get a blood test each month - to check the health of your liver. So go easy on it, because the doctors may take you off the meds if things don't look healthy in there.

Keep exercising unless joint pain becomes a problem for you.

Best of luck!

Thank you both very much. Can anyone tell me how bad the initial breakout is? Does everyone get it and when can I expect it to stop?

Each person breaksout at different times. I broke out in the 1st week. it only lasted for a few days

Thank you both very much. Can anyone tell me how bad the initial breakout is? Does everyone get it and when can I expect it to stop?

Each person breaksout at different times. I broke out in the 1st week. it only lasted for a few days

whereas i broke out in the 2nd week for a couple weeks, then was clearing up for a week, then broke out again, then clear, then bad etc etc lol... completely different for everyone, as mentioned.

the main thing is to try not to stress TOO much about it. its the most amazing feeling when u wake up finding ur skin is smooth - definately worth the breakout! drink plenty of water to keep ur liver working the best it can.

good luck with it!

Also, taking an Omega 3 supplement will help with joint pain. I'm taking a tbsp of flaxseed oil a day, but I might spoil myself with a really nice fish oil at some point.

Hey! Well you commented on my blog so you know that I think CeraVe might have something to do with my breakout, but it really might not. Overall, I do like it, it's a lightweight lotion and it goes on matte, not greasy, you'll like that. I use Purpose Facial Cleanser and I love it- mostly because it gets all foaming when you rub it in your hands (seems ligit, lol) and it takes make up off REALLY well, so you know it cleans good. Maybe keep Purpose Cleanser in mind to try next time you need to buy a cleanser.

I started realizing an initial Breakout week 3, but it's already calmed down. I am thinking it'll be an on and off type of thing for the first two months, because some days it's good and some days it's bad...but ya everyone is different.

Working out- I run, and haven't noticed ANY type of pain. But I don't lift weights so I'm not sure about that. Personally, my Dermatologist told me to take it easy on working out or you will notice back joint pain. Maybe just ask your Derm?

Alcohol- I was suppose to start a couple days before Halloween and my Derm suggested I just wait until after that weekend, so she doesn't want me drinking alchohol with it- she might have good reasons. Otherwise, I've heard on here that a few beers won't hurt you.

Hey! Well you commented on my blog so you know that I think CeraVe might have something to do with my breakout, but it really might not. Overall, I do like it, it's a lightweight lotion and it goes on matte, not greasy, you'll like that. I use Purpose Facial Cleanser and I love it- mostly because it gets all foaming when you rub it in your hands (seems ligit, lol) and it takes make up off REALLY well, so you know it cleans good. Maybe keep Purpose Cleanser in mind to try next time you need to buy a cleanser.

I started realizing an initial Breakout week 3, but it's already calmed down. I am thinking it'll be an on and off type of thing for the first two months, because some days it's good and some days it's bad...but ya everyone is different.

Working out- I run, and haven't noticed ANY type of pain. But I don't lift weights so I'm not sure about that. Personally, my Dermatologist told me to take it easy on working out or you will notice back joint pain. Maybe just ask your Derm?

Alcohol- I was suppose to start a couple days before Halloween and my Derm suggested I just wait until after that weekend, so she doesn't want me drinking alchohol with it- she might have good reasons. Otherwise, I've heard on here that a few beers won't hurt you.

Thanks! That was really helpful, I hope everything continues to go well! We will have to stay in touch.