Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
anonymou5

Take nothing for granted...

We should all be so lucky that we only suffer from a superficial medical problem such as acne...

Progeria

"Tree Man"

Imagine the pain and suffering these individuals must endure.

I am very grateful for everything I do have; a loving family, food, shelter, education, and an excess of unnecessary material possessions.

We should all be so lucky that we only suffer from a superficial medical problem such as acne...

Imagine the pain and suffering these individuals must endure.

I am very grateful for everything I do have; a loving family, food, shelter, education, and an excess of unnecessary material possessions.

I see your point so as to not take things for granted, but I also disagree to an extent. Yes, there are others with far more devastating illnesses or defects. However, it's not a fair to compare the effects of acne, for example, to the effects of Progeria. The extent of the disorder/disease/defect does not necessarily defy one's ability to cope with it. In other words, though acne may not seem as bad of a condition when compared to Progeria, the suffering one endures because of it may nevertheless be just as painful.

All I'm saying is that your life could be A LOT worse. You could be starving, in poverty, and have no family. Just realize that you're lucky to have life's basic necessities.