Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
overcome

What if?

What if we found the magic bullet and we were to one day wake up and look and see no scars. How would you conduct yourselves towards other people or in general? would you be happy?, Angry? Would you want to get back at people? After years of carrying the negative luggage i always wondered how or if we can let go of the social hiding and all those wonderfull psychological effects that scars have. Or would just fall right into life again as if nothing ever happened.

I think we'd still be insecure and shy away from people. At least at first. I mean, some of us have been dealing with these skin problems for years, so it'd be hard to go back to acting the way we used to.

You would wake up look in the mirror, and your confidence would sky rocket out of control. You immediately step outside without washing your face or wearing any hoodies, and will notice that the air smells much different, you will hear things you haven't heard in years. You look up in the sky and will see the clouds moving and hear the air blowing and will realize how beautiful life can be. You will be jumping around in joy, greeting people you've never met before, socializing with the wrong crowd or choose to competely ignore them, go to parties or stay home playing WoW, confidently go to an interview or skip the interview, finally treat your parents with respect or make their life hell, you can now do whatever you want, and nothing will interfere with your choices, because now you are free.

Edited by Scars4Life

I would drive myself right up to a certain girl's house and ask her to lunch. Maybe I would call her first....

I would be the happiest girl alive. I would love the people around me to the fullest, because finally I would be able to love myself. I would appreciate the even smallest things. I would be off from this computer and into the world without worrying about what people may be thinking of my scars. I would follow my dreams with the feeling of an unstoppable confidence. I would donate to the suffering as I have suffered. I would feel free.

That's a nice thought. Hopefully one day I'll be able to get there. (:

Id wake up without washing my face. Call all of my friends that I havent seen in a while and party.. seriously

It would be the happiest day of my life

Heck, even if my scarring did not completely go away but went back to how it was 2 years ago when it was mild, it would still be the happiest day of my life

You would wake up look in the mirror, and your confidence would sky rocket out of control. You immediately step outside without washing your face or wearing any hoodies, and will notice that the air smells much different, you will hear things you haven't heard in years. You look up in the sky and will see the clouds moving and hear the air blowing and will realize how beautiful life can be. You will be jumping around in joy, greeting people you've never met before, socializing with the wrong crowd or choose to competely ignore them, go to parties or stay home playing WoW, confidently go to an interview or skip the interview, finally treat your parents with respect or make their life hell, you can now do whatever you want, and nothing will interfere with your choices, because now you are free.

This is exactly what I fantasize about. I would look at the world, and day to day living, as something to enjoy and cherish. I remember when I was younger, I used to get excited about summertime, holidays, and spending time with friends. I was also able to manage my time efficiently, and not procrastinate because I wasn't sick in the head. But ever since I got scars, I am now a little sick in the head which causes sporadic bouts of depression and I can't get "things done." I sometimes have feelings of hopelessness and stress. Activities rarely make me feel happy. Scars not only make me scrutinize my skin, but scrutinize every other facet of my being as well. Life is challenging, but scars add a whole new dimension.

If I get rid of my scars, or at least diminish them considerably, I would sing happily, clean my room, do the work I was meant to do, lose ten pounds, and have so much more motivation.

I would be REALLY happy! Sometimes I think if I was given 1 wish all I would ask for is normal skin (I know selfish) but thats how I feel SOMETIMES.

With scar free skin I might be able to have eye contact with people when they talk to me. Feel normal and not always thinking that people are looking at my scars and maybe just maybe I could be in a relationship for the first time (I'm 24) and just live my life.

Of course who knows, with time I might still be able to do all those things even with my scars.

Edited by jessica09

I would be REALLY happy! Sometimes I think if I was given 1 wish all I would ask for is normal skin (I know selfish) but thats how I feel SOMETIMES.

With scar free skin I might be able to have eye contact with people when they talk to me. Feel normal and not always thinking that people are looking at my scars and maybe just maybe I could be in a relationship for the first time (I'm 24) and just live my life.

Of course who knows, with time I might still be able to do all those things even with my scars.

I feel the same way!! :)

and I believe we can

I feel the same way!! :)

and I believe we can

its definitely happened :) heaps of people have improved their scarring to a point where they arent worried anymore... it will be us soon :D

I don't hide socially because of scars and I don't think my confidence has suffered. They're just distracting to me, because they are there when I look at them. I usually forget I even have them most of the time, honestly. Things just bother me that aren't supposed to be there -- that goes for anything -- any defect anywhere.

I'd be happy because then I wouldn't have to notice them anymore and I could stop looking at them.

I would NEVER, except for special occasions, wear makeup.

Edited by Anti - Em

I'm not naive enough to think that I'd immediately fall into a life full of confidence - I've been suffering from rock-bottom self-esteem far too long for that to happen, but just being 'free' of feeling so restricted because of my skin would be enough to set me on the road to living a life of much higher quality and greater happiness. The psychological scars would of course remain, but over time I think they'd slowly dissipate and I'd manage to build up in myself a healthy self-image. I also think I'd be too happy to consider feeling bitter towards those who have pained me in the past because of my skin, I'd be too preoccupied with finally being able to live my life how I want to be able to waste time with that kind of negativity.

It goes without saying that I hope to be able to achieve the above in my life regardless of whether my skin improves or not, but I'm just not sure that I have the strength to get there without something changing physically. The way things are now is the cause of too much pain for me.

Edited by sixfeetunder

I'd probably then focus on getting rid of excess fat, which would be a much healthier obsession. My sister has some skin problems, but is much more concerned with body. For me face comes first, then body. My skin problems suck all the focus out of me, I would have so much more time for other things, which would really be great! I don't think I would inheritantly change my personality because I like who I am and play well with others :)

I think that way all the time. If I could back in time when I was 8 years old, with my 29 years old knowledge, I would fake I am not so smart on school, and when I was 13, I would have taken accutane even before I have a single break out. I would use it for years! If I didn't have any money for it, I would have stolen accutane. I don't care. I would have used DAN's regimen daily since then.

I would try my best to avoid any injuries that might leave me a scar when I was a kid.

Perhaps someday it will be possible to be treated and have flawless skin.. and indeed, I would be the happiest man on earth..

I would stay away from the computer, have my skin cared even if is not needed.

There are people that don't care about their skin. Even though they have flawless skin.

Why we have to suffered for ages!!!?

Edited by Conde de Montecristo

you'd be surprised how many of us would let go of the past and move onto the future. I know plenty of people who have had bad acne and pretty severe acne and went on accutane and God blessed them and they walked away with little to no scars and they appear to atleast not even think twice about their suffering.

I see some who were on strict diets because of their acne and now, they pig out like no tomorrow, go out in the sun without suncream, don't stick to a strict regime. I don't know how they just got to walk away from acne scarless but they did and their skin looks amazing. I met a few people at uni who had terrible skin first year and then blossoming and scarless skin towards the end of our degree. Some of them had worse acne than me but a few cysts I had were so huge and bigger than theirs, but still they had worse acne then me overall but now they are completely clear both with scars and acne and I'm still fighting on.

i never expect to be clear even 80% but if I can get to that point where I'm confident in my 60-70% improved skin then I will probably feel like I found that magic bullet.