Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cube

Accutane. HELP!

I have had this folliculitis thing for ages now, my derm put me on a Minocyline, sort of helped. Cleared up my back but a week after I came off it my back became progressively worse. Then I went back to him and he doubled the dose for another month. It's helping a lot altough I look like i have a huge rash around my moith from all the inflammation of the infection.

Next month if my skin isn't clear he wants to put me on Accutane.

I dunno if my skin is bad enough for Accutane though and i'm really worried about all the side effects. Any advice?

My derm says that I should have nothing to worry about that millions of people have been on the drug and that it will only be a low doseage.

Alright I added a picture because people usually respond to those. My regimen is: Nothing, shower once a day and take 200mg of Minocyline a day for the staph infection. I've been on those for a week now.

Should I take Accutane?

Please reply I need to know.

post-93267-1258973966_thumb.jpg

post-93267-1258973966_thumb.jpg

my acne was worse than that, but by the time i saw my dermo, it cleared up a bit more... however, she put on it to get rid of any future breakouts. its really up to you though, and also wat ur dermo thinks. side effects r annoying, but different for everyone. its definately worth it though! - well thats my personal opinion anyway. book an appointment, n discuss ur concerns. its the best way to go about it... good luck!