Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MCHLLE

Can shallow scarring be completely removed?

So, I know people say that acne scars in general can't be completely removed.

However, the scarring on my cheeks is fairly shallow. It can only really be seen when light (bulb) hits the face directly (so not from the sides). I can see that the structure of my skin isnt exactly the same. Is it possible to, with an invasive treatment such as fraxel re:pair, completely remove this kind of scarring so that the skin would appear smooth even in this kind of lighting?

They still have red marks over them btw. ~8months old.

Edited by MCHLLE

Shallow scarring can be removed (or at least very close to it). Many members here have reported 100% improvement in their shallow scars.

Depends on what you mean by "completely remove". If you have transparent skin like mine, when you get cold you might sort of see the scar, but otherwise not. I have a shallow scar caused by cutting off a zit with a knife when I was 12, and 4 years later it's almost completely invisible except for when I'm cold. Unless you have a skin condition, time, topicals, or even Fraxel can get rid of shallow scars for the most part.