Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
John DD

Does it ever end?!?! Please input advice suggestions?

post-115740-1258918119_thumb.jpgSo i never had acne but broke out really bad and its gone after like a month but i was with these scars :wall: they didnt seem so bad until all my acne was gone!

please help what should i do and how long until they go away?

im currently a month on solodyn and triaz pads and acanya gel and all my acne has been gone for like a week but i doubt my derm will hep me until like 1 or 2 more months.

post-115740-1258918119_thumb.jpg

They aren't bad AT ALL. My goodness, they'll disappear in no time. Here's my advice:

Stay away from sugars

Eat things like Chicken, Lettuce, Tomatoes etc. and Almonds/Cashew nuts.

Drink plenty of water (about 9 pints a day)

Get over 10 hours sleep.

Don't excessively wash your skin. Maybe use a cleanser at night, and just water in the morning.

Although I don't have the answers to how to eliminate them, as I am still trying to find the solution myself, I would suggest protecting your skin from the sun to avoid them getting darker. Since the acne breakout was rather recent, give it a few more weeks before you try to fade them to avoid causing more damage.

53 views and 2 replies thanks never and ulzzang for helping but i dont get why noone tries to give input on this site. ive left acouple posts and i see so many with no answers arent there any acne experts or something out there?

53 views and 2 replies thanks never and ulzzang for helping but i dont get why noone tries to give input on this site. ive left acouple posts and i see so many with no answers arent there any acne experts or something out there?

it's because nobody has an answer. i've tried a bunch of different things and nothing seems to work

are you asian? it looks that way from your picture. i am asian and i've had very red marks on cheeks for 5 months. it seems like forehead/nose/chin/etc. all fade in a few days to a few weeks, but cheek marks last a long long time. i've looked through a TON of posts in this forum and it seems to be a trend, red marks on asian cheeks are nigh on impossible to get rid of

don't let neverforget get your hopes up. the best advice anyone can give you is to get on with your life and not stress about how you look

it's because nobody has an answer. i've tried a bunch of different things and nothing seems to work

are you asian? it looks that way from your picture. i am asian and i've had very red marks on cheeks for 5 months. it seems like forehead/nose/chin/etc. all fade in a few days to a few weeks, but cheek marks last a long long time. i've looked through a TON of posts in this forum and it seems to be a trend, red marks on asian cheeks are nigh on impossible to get rid of

don't let neverforget get your hopes up. the best advice anyone can give you is to get on with your life and not stress about how you look

OMFG 5 months I might as well go kill myself now(obvi i wont)......but seriously its making me so depressed dude. And u say five months like the one is so bad i doubt five months prob like a year! And when u say fade in five months u mean like by the 4th month u barely saw???

and its soooooo hard to stay positive i dont get how people could say that? yeah its not the end of the world but the people who say it arent didnt all of a suddden get acne and get sudden scars and no longer leaves his house and is depressed everyday

My red marks started out really deep red, and they have faded considerably. I use Finacea, my derm prescribed it for me. It contains Azelaic Acid. With insurance, it costs me $50.

Don't despair, a lot of us with red marks have them for a while. I have fair skin and mine are very noticeable. Mine last for years, not months. I also have some light scarring as a result of my really bad breakout this past January. It sucks, but patience is key.

ive got a problem with red marks as well but mine fade very quickly because either A) im on tazorac and that speeds the healing process B) im a swimmer and the chemicals in the water kill the germs and allow the skin to heal C) im a teenage boy and we tend to heal up the quickest. i would suggest Tazorac but it will make your skin much worse at first, ask your derm about it

lol i think you misunderstood - i STILL have red marks from 5 months ago. they were dark red but are fading to a pinkish-red though they are still very noticeable. but it is getting better, and you just have to have faith that things will be ok

i've tried: apple cider vinegar, extra virgin olive oil, alpha hydroxy acid, egg white mask, drinking tons of water/lemon water, eating healthy, vitamin supplements, all with little to no success. at this point i'm still trying treatments but i don't worry about it too much because in the end, time will fade the marks. don't let them control your life

Edited by chill.

Because I am a girl, I would use my powdered mineral foundation to cover the scars. It always did a great job at covering my acne. I show people my before and after photos and there always like “I don’t remember your skin ever being that bad…†cause I always covered it up! If a man were to wear bare minerals powdered foundation, just to cover some scars, I don’t think people would be able to notice…

lol i think you misunderstood - i STILL have red marks from 5 months ago. they were dark red but are fading to a pinkish-red though they are still very noticeable. but it is getting better, and you just have to have faith that things will be ok

i've tried: apple cider vinegar, extra virgin olive oil, alpha hydroxy acid, egg white mask, drinking tons of water/lemon water, eating healthy, vitamin supplements, all with little to no success. at this point i'm still trying treatments but i don't worry about it too much because in the end, time will fade the marks. don't let them control your life

OMG like i feel like my life is ruined and i dont even know why i never had acne my whole life and all of a sudden BAM! And all of you who keep saying dont worry and stay positive how the f##k am i supposed to when i have that huge red mark on my face. god i feel like just dying

OMG like i feel like my life is ruined and i dont even know why i never had acne my whole life and all of a sudden BAM! And all of you who keep saying dont worry and stay positive how the f##k am i supposed to when i have that huge red mark on my face. god i feel like just dying

Hey, I'm in the same position. My acne appeared when I was 20 and never had acne before. This past summer, somehow, my acne got worse and I ended up having to go to the dermatologist. I'm 21 and it's very frustrating! I understand how you feel. I've been on a treatment for the past 5 months now. I have red marks on my cheeks and on the sides of my chin. My best friend keeps telling me my skin is not that bad, although, I can see the scars and red marks whenever I look at my face. What I do is just wash my face twice a day with benzoyl 6% apply moisturizer DML and differin 0.3% (at night only). When I wash my face i use warm water and after rinsing with warm water, I use cold water to close the pores. I also started doing blue-u and microdermabrasion. It seems to help, can't give a verdict about that yet.

I don't recommend washing your face in the morning with only water. If you do apply warm water and then cold water.

Take care and be patient

They aren't bad AT ALL. My goodness, they'll disappear in no time. Here's my advice:

Get over 10 hours sleep.

Where did you get that info from? I have always read that the recommended amount of time to sleep is 8 hours. Over 10 is excessive. Who has that much time?

Hey I'm definitely in the same position too. I'm a guy and never had acne in my life till I turned 20 and it got bad. It's been a while now and my red marks have gone down a lot but they are still present and I have very minor scarring. What's worked for me has been using Dan's AHA +

and I found a lightening cream called meladerm.

That has worked pretty well actually. And believe me I empathize with how hard it is to "just be patient" because that doesn't really do much but in actuality it's all you really can do. Let time take its course. I still try to tell myself that everyday.

Edited by adcmp666

You're a big baby. Stop your useless complaining and wise up. These are nothing compared to other people's around here, including mine. 5 months is no time at all.

I've waited nearly 6 years for my red marks to clear with no results. Others have had acne for 20+ years, so start appreciating the fact that yours can go away easily.

Get over 10 hours sleep.

Where did you get that info from? I have always read that the recommended amount of time to sleep is 8 hours. Over 10 is excessive. Who has that much time?

You're a big baby. Stop your useless complaining and wise up. These are nothing compared to other people's around here, including mine. 5 months is no time at all.

I've waited nearly 6 years for my red marks to clear with no results. Others have had acne for 20+ years, so start appreciating the fact that yours can go away easily.

Yeah i know im being a baby its just really hard for me to go through this dude. if i had it my whole life it would be alot easier and u know thats true. I know what im about to say cant even compare to acne but its like being born blind you learn to live with it but losing your sight when your 20 your not gonnna know how to deal with it. (AGAIN i know thats a real disability im just saying)

Yeah i know im being a baby its just really hard for me to go through this dude. if i had it my whole life it would be alot easier and u know thats true. I know what im about to say cant even compare to acne but its like being born blind you learn to live with it but losing your sight when your 20 your not gonnna know how to deal with it. (AGAIN i know thats a real disability im just saying)

You're starting to sound like a little b!tch.

seriously you guys shouldn't bash on him for being depressed about his marks. instead of calling him a little bitch, we should be supporting him and telling him too go to a dermatologist and treat it and try to be as positive as possible. ive always been sad about my redmarks and acne but i try to keep positive and i have positive influences in my life that dont call me a "little bitch" but tell me that i should take it easy, treat my problem and learn to accept that time heals all wounds. please refrain from bashing on anyone on this site, because we all know how he feels and the best thing to do is respect his feelings and help him stay as positive as possible. this is a 'support' forum, not an 'act like an asshole' forum.

oh and another thing. comparing your or other peoples problems with other people doesn't help the situation at all neverforget. that statement is completely childish in my opinion. give the guy a break and help him out, don't be rude unless the other person is being rude in the first place. i hope you don't childly bash this post, but if you do, i'll understand that you don't like a mature person commenting on your rude posts.

Edited by AndySoprano

seriously you guys shouldn't bash on him for being depressed about his marks. instead of calling him a little bitch, we should be supporting him and telling him too go to a dermatologist and treat it and try to be as positive as possible. ive always been sad about my redmarks and acne but i try to keep positive and i have positive influences in my life that dont call me a "little bitch" but tell me that i should take it easy, treat my problem and learn to accept that time heals all wounds. please refrain from bashing on anyone on this site, because we all know how he feels and the best thing to do is respect his feelings and help him stay as positive as possible. this is a 'support' forum, not an 'act like an asshole' forum.

oh and another thing. comparing your or other peoples problems with other people doesn't help the situation at all neverforget. that statement is completely childish in my opinion. give the guy a break and help him out, don't be rude unless the other person is being rude in the first place. i hope you don't childly bash this post, but if you do, i'll understand that you don't like a mature person commenting on your rude posts.

I tried offering him support as did everyone. But he's acting like he's the only one with acne scars. We've all been dealing with this for years, and he just got them. I felt sorry for him at first but his b!tchy personality is getting annoying! We were all trying to offer support and he's moping and saying he has it worse than us because we've been dealing with it longer. It sucks no matter how long you've had it.

I tried offering him support as did everyone. But he's acting like he's the only one with acne scars. We've all been dealing with this for years, and he just got them. I felt sorry for him at first but his b!tchy personality is getting annoying! We were all trying to offer support and he's moping and saying he has it worse than us because we've been dealing with it longer. It sucks no matter how long you've had it.

I agree with you that no matter how long you've had it, it's always going to bother you. believe me, i've had mine for a few years. it fades, new pimples come, then again i have to wait a shitload of time for them to fade. i got off accutane in febuary and since then barely any pimples, so i'm still waiting out these marks and when looking in certain lights, it looks a whole lot shittier than in other lights. so i do agree that nomatter what, marks/scars are going to bother everyone, no matter how long you've had them for. although if he is new to blemishes/acne scarring, then he feels a whole lot shittier than the ones like us that had it for a long time, simply because i remember in the beginning i was pretty much suicidal about them, and now since they've faded a lot and the amount of time i had them, i got semi-used to them. dont get me wrong, i still wake up every day praying i had clear skin like i did when i was 14.

Thanks bro i wish people were more like you lol, & i know i am sounding like a bitch but the big red mark on my face is having serious psychological affects on me and theres nothing I can personally do to stop that. Yeah u can say oh just live life but i just cant do it.

Thanks bro i wish people were more like you lol, & i know i am sounding like a bitch but the big red mark on my face is having serious psychological affects on me and theres nothing I can personally do to stop that. Yeah u can say oh just live life but i just cant do it.