Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
brokeninside

Worried about losing weight

Hello,

Well i have read through loads of posts and other stuff on the net and i am ready to admit that my acne is related to my diet. I have PCOS but im not overweight, in fact i have always struggled to gain weight. I didnt know, and have never been told my my GP or derm that insulin can effect women with PCOS. Call me stupid but i have just never known this. I have read Ndnromeo's regimen and his/her info on insulin and hormones, which has been so helpful.

Tomorrow i am ready to stock up on my food and i have spent the whole day compiling a diet plan.

But im so worried about losing weight, my lowest weight has been 5 and a half stones and i had to drink shitloads of milk and bad stuff to gain weight. Im now at 8 and a half stones and thats the weight i want to remain at but im so worried about losing weight during my low gi diet.

Any advice.

Thanks

I don't see why people worry so much about losing weight. You aren't necessarily going to be changing your caloric intake just the types of food you eat, right? Are you doing just low-gi or low-carb in general? Fats are very calorie-dense and very beneficial in the diet. Nuts, olive oil, coconut oil etc can easily fill any calorie gaps.

Maybe use something like fitday.com to monitor your daily calorie intake, that way you won't have to worry about unexpectedly losing a ton of weight and having to quickly "bulk" back up.

Well im just going to go low gi, depending on how my skin reacts with the carbs. It'll be trial and error for the time being.

Thanks for that website it looks really helpful. I just paniced about my weight because its taken me so long to get to a good weight that i just dont want to go back to my gaunt self.

I just saw your coconut flour post, so im going to buy me some of that. Do you have any other suggestions for gluten and dairy free things.

Thanks for your help.

I don't see why people worry so much about losing weight. You aren't necessarily going to be changing your caloric intake just the types of food you eat, right? Are you doing just low-gi or low-carb in general? Fats are very calorie-dense and very beneficial in the diet. Nuts, olive oil, coconut oil etc can easily fill any calorie gaps.

Maybe use something like fitday.com to monitor your daily calorie intake, that way you won't have to worry about unexpectedly losing a ton of weight and having to quickly "bulk" back up.

Because you have to eat tons more and that costs more money. I tried this for about 3 months and it was just to much especially since it was not clearing me up. You have to have a lot of time at home to fix and prepare these meals all the time and again it is very expensive. Even if i had the time i do not think i could afford it in the long run. I am not saying this can not clear you up either just stating my experience.

Hello,

Well i have read through loads of posts and other stuff on the net and i am ready to admit that my acne is related to my diet. I have PCOS but im not overweight, in fact i have always struggled to gain weight. I didnt know, and have never been told my my GP or derm that insulin can effect women with PCOS. Call me stupid but i have just never known this. I have read Ndnromeo's regimen and his/her info on insulin and hormones, which has been so helpful.

Tomorrow i am ready to stock up on my food and i have spent the whole day compiling a diet plan.

But im so worried about losing weight, my lowest weight has been 5 and a half stones and i had to drink shitloads of milk and bad stuff to gain weight. Im now at 8 and a half stones and thats the weight i want to remain at but im so worried about losing weight during my low gi diet.

Any advice.

Thanks

I'm currently on a low carb and NO sugar diet (candida diet). This is pretty much all I eat:

Distilled water

Vegetables – Garlic, cucumbers, cabbage, broccoli, celery, lettuce, cauliflower, spinach, bell peppers, onions, zucchinis, green beans, etc.

Eggs

Meat - Beef, chicken, buffalo, bacon, goat, lamb, fish, etc.

Pumpkin/sunflower seeds

Almonds/cashews

Almond butter

EV coconut oil/EV olive oil

Apple cider vinegar

Sea salt

Herbs and spices

I started out 6'2" 150 lbs. After being on this diet for almost two months and working out 3 times weekly, I have gained 15 lbs (Now 165lbs)! Since a low GI diet has high fat and protein, you should not have to worry about losing weight. Working out helps you gain lean muscle weight too.

Hey thanks for that.

Your diet info really helps. Just a few questions if you dont mind, ideally what would you eat for breakfast. I get up a 6 and start work at 8, i usually get kinda hungry by 7, so sometime i just cant help but buy something from a shop. I do tend to go for healthy options.

Do you usually have some fruit and nuts for you mid morning snack.

Dude I feel your pain!!

I was 6 and a half stone i am now 8 and a half and gaining.

For breakfast i have one cup ot wholegrain oats with water, 50 grams of pumpkin seeds, blueberries and a heaped tblespoon of virgin coconut oil which is 800 calories.

Ask me on my diet if you wish i eat really healthy, low gi and non dairy but still gain good weight.

Thanks adam. Yeh what else do eat, what about lunch and dinner? Just some ideas. I know meat, fish and veg are the basics.

Are you working out or doing any exercise?

And most importantly how is your skin doing? noticed an improvements?

Yeah after eating all the foods my skin cleared up but it also got a glow and fullness

It luked much better than avoiding most foods!

#Lunch:

Apple,

salad leaves with cucumber, tomatoes, bell peppers, spring onions, half an avocado, chickpeas

Grilled chicken breast all dressed in acv and 2 tblespoons of evoo.

Thick slice of 100% wholwheat organic sprouted grain bread with a tblespoon of organic almond butter.

Thats bout 800+ calories aswell.

I work out a small bit lifting weights.

I have soccer trainings most nights and play a lot so i also burn a good bit of calories

Edited by AdamDolce10

Thanks for replying again, couple more questions for you. Have you completley eliminated dairy from your diet? If so do you take any diary substitutes like rice milk or anything?

Where did you buy coconut oil from, any good brands. Seeing as u are in ireland, might be similar products in england.

Cheers again!

No not all dairy i still eat organic natural yogurt for probiotic and immune digestive health!

No i havent but i eat quinoa and almoonds which are high in calcium so im grand really!

I also drink coconut milk time to time and use it in cooking.

I buy coconoil its organic virgin and a fantastic consistent brand

Any more qs??

Don't. Your diet has nothing to do with acne scientists have proven this ;)

I am a chocoholic, i eat pizza, popcorn, cookies, ANYTHING you name it. haha. And i have no acne on my face. I am neither over weight, i just happen to play tons of sports too.

Do you play any sports? :)

If so that might also cause the acne, but for everyone it's different. Sometimes its even genetics, my parents never had it, but they did both have chicken skin (on your forearms, the rough red stuff)

and i also grew into having that and it went away.

Do you know exactly what's causing your acne? Cause it isn't food. :D

So don't worry about the diet thingy, especially if your already skinny. lol :)

Hope I helped,

:)

I am a chocoholic, i eat pizza, popcorn, cookies, ANYTHING you name it. haha. And i have no acne on my face. I am neither over weight, i just happen to play tons of sports too.

If so that might also cause the acne, but for everyone it's different. Sometimes its even genetics, my parents never had it, but they did both have chicken skin (on your forearms, the rough red stuff)

Hope I helped,

Why are you on this forum?

Hope I helped,

Why are you on this forum?

THANK YOU. "Why are you on this forum?", all that needs to be said.

Your diet has nothing to do with acne scientists have proven this

Wrong, scientists have proven the exact opposite, that acne DOES have something to do with diet. This is undisputed scientific fact.

Dude I was the same lost loads of weight went low gi, high veggie, no dairy or vegetable oils ( except olive oil and coconut oil).

I still eat like this but I have gained 2 stone and rising if you want advice or eating tips Just pm me