Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
exchange

rolls/clumps of dead skin? + Jojoba oil only regimen?

Hey,

Just wondering if this is a problem for other people.

I have very mild acne. Not really a problem. My main goal is to have some sort of routine that I can do morning/night and not have to worry about during the day.

By the way, I just started getting acne this past year. I didn't use anything differently at first, and I would like to be able to live normally like before. That means I'll be camping some, sports, school, whatever.

So far the regimen is working I guess, but whenever I put on something after the BP, the dead skin and whatever else clumps up and rolls of while I'm putting it one still, and if I touch my face during the day, the area where I touched will form a little roll of some nasty crap, I think the dead skin and moisturizer, and I have to brush it off. It's nasty, like my face is shedding or something. Does this happen to anyone else? I just don't want to have to brush off the crap at school and stuff.

Also, I'm not really an acne sufferer. I'm just a teenage guy with some spots here and there. I would like something that I can do passively; like I don't want to have to stick to a strict schedule and make sure I do it every day, morning, night etc. I don't think that is really necessary for me. I got the jojoba oil and was looking at reviews, and it seems like some people are just using it alone to kind of condition their skin to stop producing so much sebum. Has this worked for anyone? I think my acne is mild enough that if I did it for long enough I could eventually wean myself off of a strict plan and come back to the regimen for break outs (I don't really have many). Does anyone know anything about only using jojoba oil?

Thanks a lot

I haven't tried jojoba only. I'm thinking of doing that when I'm a bit older because right now, Dan's regimen is the only thing that has worked for me and I plan to stick to it.

As for the clumps of dead skin, perhaps you are using too much BP and it is drying out your skin excessively. This recently happened to me but I fixed the problem by doing the jojoba massage thing at night.

So maybe you should try using less BP and see if that makes a difference. Also, incorporate a little time at the end of your day to lightly massage some jojoba over your face to get all of the extra flakes off before washing your face before bed.