Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Does any of you have days where you feel uglier than others? Some days I look in the mirror and I think I look okay, other days I want to hide. I have no idea what makes the difference because it's in the same lighting, etc.

In general I don't think I'm horrible looking... but then I think I must be kidding myself, because guys aren't interested in me. People are surprised when they hear I've had a boyfriend (I'm 18). A coworker told me "too bad you can't find someone else" after we broke up. And my aunt is always telling me how bad I look.

That turned in to a bit of a rant, but it would be nice to hear from someone who can relate =)

Ouch, your aunt tells you you look bad? I'm glad I don't have one of those families. If I did I don't know how I'd live with myself. In general, I am horrible looking. That's not my opinion but a bonafide fact. But being a guy I can get away with the scarred, red face without getting funny looks (except Friday; had a cyst the size of a grape). Anyway, I'll feel I look ugly until all the acne is eradicated from my fase like it was 3 months ago. Every morning it gets worse and my self-esteem is in a downhill spiral though, so only time will tell.

Also, is your coworker a guy or a girl? Sounds like a bitch.

well i do feel some days i look better than others (but never ugly). not sure why. its prob jus my mind. lol

Allison12: bitch slap ur aunt and _|_ ur co worker. be proud of who u are. so what u have acne, follow the regimen and ur cleared. (when u say ur 'ugly', do u mean because of acne or..?)

looking pretty/handsome has to start from within.

btw im 18 tooo. xd

see ya

I know I am, but I tell myself I'm not. Confidence is key. Just because I DO think I'm not pretty doesn't mean I can't fool others. I carry myself very well I think... shoulders back, chin up, pelvis tucked in, and standing tall. I walk proud, I force myself to look people in the eyes, make contact with other people, and basically just try to show people I can present myself when, well, my face isn't all that presentable.

Even when you don't think you have good looks, don't let it affect your personality. Personality would be the next best thing in this case, so make sure you rock it. ;)

I think everyone have those days when they feel they don't look their best, i guess probably the same reason why you can wake up feeling happy one day for no reason, and wake up feeling depressed the other day. I don't think there's a reason for it, but it's okay, it's just life. Stay positive, don't let it bother you, and move on with your life. Don't let it keep you away from all other good things in your life.

and don't listen to inconsiderate comments. First of all, you don't need the others to tell you if you're pretty or not, you don't need the others to judge how you look. Secondly, we all are beautiful, period.

By the way, when people are making those aweful, inconsiderate comment, apparently, they don't care about you. If they do, they won't say that. So why listen to them?

That happens all the time for me. I think everything's going good, and all it takes is one look in a mirror with bad lighting, for even a prolonged look at my face, to ruin all my confidence. However, I try the very best I can to just ignore all those things. If you smile, laugh, enjoy life to the fullest, people won't care that you have acne. They'll remember you for the fact that you didn't let anything bring you down, that you excelled in whatever you did, and that you were a very friendly, confident person. Even if you have to fake confidence, even if you feel horrible, just do it. People will respect, even admire, you. Just hold your head high, and ignore those nasty comments, because you know what? The only reason they are saying those things is because they want to feel better about themselves. But they're all just slimy, nasty people that will most likely get nowhere in life. And then who'll be laughing? :dance:

Just remember: Confidence is extremely sexy. ;)

Hey Allison. :-) I'm sure you're a perfectly beautiful girl, as long as you don't think you're "horrible" looking as you said you'll be fine, hang in there hun!

PS: Your aunt is old, you know how they're eyesight is, she probably just can't see how good you really look!

Best of luck to you.