Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
902BulletProof

Paulas Choice CLEAR Extra Strength System/Exfoliating 2% BHA Liquid

Well i just ordered the CLEAR Extra Strength System and the Exoliating 2% BHA Liquid,

just curious if anyone here has tried this? I see a lot of good ratings on the website itself, but personal experiences would be better, i have pretty moderate acne, lots of bumps on my cheeks which im pretty sure are clogged pores, i can see them as little white bumps when i stretch my skin, couple of blackheads on my nose and stuff. This is mainly for those annoying bumps on my face, everything else i tried wouldn't get them to go away (ProActiv, Neutrogena Products).

Just really hoping this works.

Well i just ordered the CLEAR Extra Strength System and the Exoliating 2% BHA Liquid,

just curious if anyone here has tried this? I see a lot of good ratings on the website itself, but personal experiences would be better, i have pretty moderate acne, lots of bumps on my cheeks which im pretty sure are clogged pores, i can see them as little white bumps when i stretch my skin, couple of blackheads on my nose and stuff. This is mainly for those annoying bumps on my face, everything else i tried wouldn't get them to go away (ProActiv, Neutrogena Products).

Just really hoping this works.

Have you tried this yet? I was wondering how it works.

I just ordered the liquid because the CSR told me it can act as a toner as well as an exfoliant on the skin so I cannot tell you how it is, but I am on the 2% gel and it has given me great results and I hope the liquid works just as well.

I have (had?) mild acne and skin redness/razor bump irritation (a lot of this had to do with shaving of course) and the BHA has worked wonders in curbing the redness, irritation and acne! I still get a very small bump once in a while, but applying BHA and using proper shaving techniques (twin blade razor, razor defense shaving gel, with the grain) has helped me immensely over the past two months. Using the BHA helps the acne subside at a much faster rate as well. I don't even use BP that often anymore since I have been on this product.

Edited by longliver

i reallllly like this product. ive been using SA for a long time and this is way better than anything in the drugstore (neutrogena, clean &clear ect).

I use it, and it keeps me clear along with Tazorac. It works better than the gel for me.

If you like Paula's Choice, you might want to check out the Skin Relief Treatment. My boyfriend just uses the Skin Relief Treatment the times he shaves and then the 2% BHA whenever he doesn't shave. He had mild acne and a lot of shaving irritation/more acne that completely cleared up doing this.

You use it as an aftershave. It's texture is like water. My boyfriend puts it everywhere he shaved and then puts BHA where he didn't, like his forehead.

You use it as an aftershave. It's texture is like water. My boyfriend puts it everywhere he shaved and then puts BHA where he didn't, like his forehead.

i am thinking of getting >

the 1% bha, mild cleanser (normal to dry skin) and the normal to dry skin moisturiser, skin relief

so my routine will be

cleanse / bha / moisturiser. (or when shaving using the skin relief after as you suggested)

is that how you should do it?

or apply bha at night and rinse off in mornings

thanks in advanced

Edited by want2beme

I'd do the it the first way you said, unless the BHA dries you out or irritates you. If so, then I'd apply it just once a day, after cleansing, either AM or PM.

I'd do the it the first way you said, unless the BHA dries you out or irritates you. If so, then I'd apply it just once a day, after cleansing, either AM or PM.

thanks addie, so

if it starts to dry me out (ive used a bha before and it did just that, was using it twice a day though like it said :S :( ) then use it every other day or once per day, pm would be best i think

and always follow with a moisturiser?

oh and paula's cleanser is gentle right? i dont want any more dryness to my already dry acne skin

(sometimes i do get an oily forehead thought which is weird)

but products that say combination i feel are always geared more towards those with oily skin?

Edited by want2beme

thanks addie, so

if it starts to dry me out (ive used a bha before and it did just that, was using it twice a day though like it said :S :( ) then use it every other day or once per day, pm would be best i think

Yes.

and always follow with a moisturiser?

If you feel you need it.

oh and paula's cleanser is gentle right? i dont want any more dryness to my already dry acne skin

Yes, her stuff is very gentle. They all have a pH of under 7. I've used her Skin Balancing Cleanser and her CLEAR cleanser and neither has dried me out. I have sensitive skin, but it's oily, unlike yours.

(sometimes i do get an oily forehead thought which is weird)

but products that say combination i feel are always geared more towards those with oily skin?

I think they're geared towards oily to a little bit dry. If you need more moisturization, you could try out one of the ones for dry skin.

Edited by Addie

why is my skin BURNING around my mouth on both sides, its gone red and just stings like i have dribbled acid or something :(

wtf :( moisturiser is not helping wtf can i do

Did you just put the BHA on it? Rinse it off if it hurts that badly.

Edited by Addie

Did you just put the BHA on it? Rinse it off if it hurts that badly.

no sorry i didnt, it was just naturally stinging i really dont know what brought it on :(

its just red and irritated around my mouth area. tried putting moisturiser on and it hurt more.

so iced it and went for a walk in the cold.

wtf is wrong with me lol

:(

Awwl. :( I hope your skin feels better.

feels a lot better today, it seems as though if i let my beard get past a certain length the itchyness makes spots or something, but then shaving also makes spots. so cant win

:(

thanks for your comments :) keep them coming

That was my boyfriend's exact problem, so hopefully the PC will work just as nicely for you.

Although, the BHA liquid is strong. Hopefully it doesn't dry you out or sting. It itches a little when I put it on for about 15 minutes, probably because I also use Tazorac. If it bothers you, I definitely recommend trying one of the other BHAs before you move on.

Edit: I've used the gel, and it's more gentle, but I haven't tried the lotion.

Edited by Addie

That was my boyfriend's exact problem, so hopefully the PC will work just as nicely for you.

Although, the BHA liquid is strong. Hopefully it doesn't dry you out or sting. It itches a little when I put it on for about 15 minutes, probably because I also use Tazorac. If it bothers you, I definitely recommend trying one of the other BHAs before you move on.

Edit: I've used the gel, and it's more gentle, but I haven't tried the lotion.

oh really? least i know im not alone in that respect then

ive order the normal/dry skin moisturiser also the same one but with added anti oxidants. also ordered the 1%bha normal/dry and the 8% AHA normal to dry

and i think there was one for all skin types which i ordered to.

also ordered the dry to very dry cleanser

oh and the shaving gel and the after shave lotion all from PC

which bha are you referring to when you say it might be drying? dont you apply the BHA then after apply a moisturiser:?

ps all of them are samples so i can gauge what i get on with

Edited by want2beme

The liquid BHA is the one I think might be drying.

Have fun with your samples. :)

ok but the lotion may not be? lol yeah i will. always scared about trying new things incase it makes it worse. its like it scares you from finding the good things.

kinda thinking about starting to take broccoli pills !