Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
madelineee

Please read. Retin A Micro..

Okay so I am at the 4 month mark just about with my Retin A Micro.

I apply it all over my face at night time about 30 minutes after I moisturize.

I feel like I did have an initial breakout, a couple actually.

Eventually, my skin started to clear and I got very happy.

The pimples slowly decreased and I was all smiles, but what I have noticed now is that after 4 months, I am still getting random pimples on my forehead, chin, and cheeks (places i never really had problems with before!). I always used to have problems with my nose. I still do even after 4 months. There is definitely not AS many pimples but their are still some, and the blackheads are unspeakable.

At first I though, okay..no problem..the retin a micro will just get rid of the blackheads, because all that is, is gunk that its getting out...but SERIOUSLY..my nose has not even losed one blackhead since I have started Retin A Micro. And it's not like I can squeeze safely or anything, because it can still scar `cuz retin a makes your skin more fragile.

I guess my real question is ... Should I continue?

Is it even worth it?

I am starting to feel like maybe i should stop...but i don't want to stop just to notice that my skin is only not COMPLETELY gross because of retin a.

Know what I mean?? I am stuck and don't know what to do.

It's not getting rid of my horrid blackheads, and I STILL get some pimples.

Should I give it more time?

Thanks in advance for anyone that has any input.

I'd really like to know what you guys think!

I have about reached the 4 month mark too, but with Tazorac. I am clear, but I also get the occasional zit in the odd place. I have two hard zits on my nose (not very noticeable though), and I never usually got zits there before. Can’t explain why this happens.

I am going to stick with it though, b/c what else is there to use? Perhaps, another retinoid, Dan’s Regimen, Accutane? I’m not going to bother.

I think I have to get used to the idea that I will never have “perfect†skin, until maybe the day I outgrow acne and issues of oiliness. I also have had an issue with blackheads on my nose and Tazorac hasn’t really got rid of them. But I recently started applying Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) on my nose before putting Taz on and I’ve noticed a reduction in my blackheads. They’re still there, but not as grossly noticeable as before. Hope this helps.