Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Hapa

I'm so happy i've fixed my problem skin, simply and affordably!

Hi, well my name is Lucy and I'd like to share with you how i fixed my acne. Sorry but i'm pretty lame at these board things.

Don't get me wrong this is not a miracle cure by any means, it may not work for you but honestly what have you got to lose just by trying this?

You'll need two things:

-*olive oil castile soap (bar form, not liquid)

-organic sesame oil

Seriously that is it. Only make sure that you have the PURE castile soap that contains only

-Oil*

-Sodium Hydroxide or Lye

-Water

-Essential Oils

It's so easy, i wash my face at night with the soap and then afterwards i put on a small amount of sesame oil my face and massage it in. In the morning i only wash my face with water.

This castile soap comes in bar form so please do not confuse it with other more commercially available soaps that contain harmful ingredients like: Sodium Tallowate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Stearic Acid, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Tetrasodium EDTA, propylene glycol, butylphenyl methylpropional etc.

Castile soap isn't a "brand", it is just a type of soap. It has been around since the middle ages, people have been using it for hundreds of years to clean themselves. Soap in itself has been corrupted so that it now contains unnecessary and irritating synthetic ingredients that make the soap look better/foam better/preserve better etc.

So make sure you get pure castile soap. It might be hard to find but I know you can get it off the net and I myself get it from my local market. You can even make it yourself which I feel is a testemant to the agreeability of the product. I mean it's not like you can make a dove beauty bar at home, or some Neutrogena rubbish because they contain so many foreign and chemically produced ingredients.

*Castile soaps can be made from many different oils that "saponify" when mixed with a lye. Usually today we use Sodium Hydroxide (NaOH) for this purpose. Coconut, palm, avocado, soybean, olive or really any vegetable oil can be used for the soap making process however try to get soaps that contain OLIVE oil. This is best for your skin I have found, however if you know your skin reacts well to coconut oil or similar then perhaps try a soap containing that.

Apparently washing your face with traditional "soap" causes the skin to turn alkaline and thus I suppose the skin does not react well. However I have started moisturising my skin with a small amount of Organic Sesame Oil after I have washed with the soap. Obviously the soap dries out your skin and the Sesame Oil moisturises very well. It also has a slightly acidic pH so it helps to balance the alkalinity of the castile soap. You can find organic sesame oil at your local health store or even in the supermarket. If it says 100% organic sesame oil on the bottle, i doubt it matters that the oil is actually meant for eating.

I dont have any before and after pictures because I didn't even think that this would work. I was at my wits end and was desperate to try anything. So i stopped all of my ACV and BP and other junk and just went to a simple regime that i think allowed my skin to recover.

I still have a small amount of acne left but the redness in my face is dramatically reduced as well as the acne so that really does make quite a lot of difference. I've only been using this for around a month so I hope to see even better results in the future. I hope that you will try this, i can't guarantee that it will work for you but it's working for me.

Good luck and don't give up hope!

Found some olive oil castile soap here:

http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp...&aid=337953

And Drugstore.com is probably one of the best sites. Not for its selection but for its service.

Why sesame seed oil to balance the alkalinity rather than olive oil as well?

Although in my personal experience oil is a no-no for active pimples.

EDIT: I'm planning on ordering some to give it a try. I've been using Dove but TBH all the synthetic ingredients are fishy and I'm not sure about how good perfume is at cleansing.

Edited by treefase93

Found some olive oil castile soap here:

http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp...&aid=337953

And Drugstore.com is probably one of the best sites. Not for its selection but for its service.

Why sesame seed oil to balance the alkalinity rather than olive oil as well?

Although in my personal experience oil is a no-no for active pimples.

EDIT: I'm planning on ordering some to give it a try. I've been using Dove but TBH all the synthetic ingredients are fishy and I'm not sure about how good perfume is at cleansing.

Well I'm not too sure why sesame as opposed to olive oil. It's just my personal preference. The Indians and Chinese use it a lot in their healing practises so I thought that i might try it. I'm sure that olive oil would be fine as a moisturiser as well if your skin works well with it. Oil is one of the best moisturisers i've found. Good luck with the soap by the way. I hope that the synthetic-free approach goes well for you.

Edited by Hapa