Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sergiox2

Accutane starting month 5...

So I'm starting my fifth month with not much to be excited over, I think my face right now, is worse than when I started this course but I think its clearing up from the horrible initial breakout. I'm still having a few breakouts and I'm just wondering if anyone was in the same situation as I am now and if so, when did you stop breaking out and when did your face become clear.....thanks

So I'm starting my fifth month with not much to be excited over, I think my face right now, is worse than when I started this course but I think its clearing up from the horrible initial breakout. I'm still having a few breakouts and I'm just wondering if anyone was in the same situation as I am now and if so, when did you stop breaking out and when did your face become clear.....thanks

I was in the same situation...and my derm pulled me off of it because my acne has gotten continuinly worse since starting accutane. But...I wasn't having side effects at all, so she determined I was "resistant" to the drug. Never heard of this happening before, but I guess if you weight 135 lb, and your on 160 mg a day with nothing happening, there is resistance. I've heard of several others on here clearing up after the 5th month. I just couldn't wait around to see it happen. Good luck!