Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
serena22

Dear Retin A...save my skin and dont give me any sass along the way

Alright, here's the start of my log!

I have been on yasmin and retin a micro .04 a about a month...i have been easing very slowly into retin a to try and avoid redness/flakes i was using it every 3 nights the last 2 weeks and am now using it every 1 or 2 nights...i dont have much redness, but even after i wash it off in the morning my face is a bit burny/dry for the day...im scared to smile because it will make me flake so much!! argh! feeling discouraged but am going to tough it out another 6 weeks at least! derm gave me an antibiotic to help get over the miserable initial breakout. i have heard this stuff is great if you can be patient, all i can say at this point is that my patience better freaking pay off!!! also i now let the retin a absorb for about 10 min. then apply moisutrizer, my derm says this is fine and will not cut the concentration of retin a. i'll keep you posted!

Edited by serena22

i was thinking i really wanted to get off yasmin and back on diane, does anyone know if it really is bad to be on diane long term? i mean yasmin has those personal injury lawsuits and stuff! ( at least in canada) and diane doesnt seem too have those?

alright i took a short hiatus from retin am now back an COMMITTED for at least 3 months....i am feeling so discouraged! : ( i think i am experiencing the initial breakout ( if this isnt it, shoot me!) just in time for christmas which is ttally miserable, plus i had high hopes myskin would be looking fab for february when i was thinking of travelling to see this guy i've been seeing but is now abroad. i depresses me so much that i might not get to see him and the only thing holsing me back is my skin!

ok i know this is super whiney but i needed to vent a little. good luck to everyone else on their journey. im praying to the skin gods for all of us!