Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi-Guys, I just found this site, and its great! All the blogs are so helpful. I have had Acne since 16, and am 31 now. Since turning 30, the acne went from hundreds of pimples to huge cyst. I have tryed so many medicines and OTC medications. Unfortunally, none worked. I went to the Dermatologist on Monday and he prescribed me Bactrim DS 800mg twice a day. I really hope, and pray it works for me. I work with lots of little munchkins, and they always remained me how ugly my bu-bu's are. They don't mean it in a bad way of course, but it has created some low-self esteem. I will keep ya updated!!! So glad to have the opportunity to be open with others who really understand :dance:

I hear ea. Antibiotics got me the most clear since my issues. However, I personally had some stomach issues with it. I found that not having dairy and giving a 3 hour window of not eating after taking it led to some relief. Also, taking probiotics seems to be a good idea and may stave off Candida overgrowth. It did get me to clear skin but when I had to go off it I got hit twice as hard acne wise. It sucked. One step forward, 3 steps back. You may not experience this at all and if it works you can be transitioned to Periostat or Oracea which are low dose antibiotics that supposedly don't kill bacteria but inhibit inflammation. Low does antibiotics were first used in Dental offices but they discovered peoples skin improved. Anyhow, the low dose still affected my stomach so...

Keep your head up. These same scripts may work for your without many side effects. Also, if you goto the Accutane route, many people do great on it.

Have your tried the regimen? Curious what you experienced with it.

Hi-Guys, I just found this site, and its great! All the blogs are so helpful. I have had Acne since 16, and am 31 now. Since turning 30, the acne went from hundreds of pimples to huge cyst. I have tryed so many medicines and OTC medications. Unfortunally, none worked. I went to the Dermatologist on Monday and he prescribed me Bactrim DS 800mg twice a day. I really hope, and pray it works for me. I work with lots of little munchkins, and they always remained me how ugly my bu-bu's are. They don't mean it in a bad way of course, but it has created some low-self esteem. I will keep ya updated!!! So glad to have the opportunity to be open with others who really understand :dance:
Edited by guppy45