Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DeeVoo

Holly Cow! I don't even look like the same person...

Well, of course I still look like my self, but my entire demeanor has changed don’t you think? I took the before picture about a year ago as motivation to finish my skin care line and get rid of my acne… And really, I owe my final results to Dan because I was initially afraid of incorporating benzoyl peroxide into my regime. I was afraid because when I was younger I had used a BP gel for spot treating my acne, which of course didn’t work very well. It left me extremely dry and looking ‘sun burned’. I also had the same results with Pro Active.

Previous to joining acne.org, I had finished a moisturizer containing Aloe Vera, Jojoba Oil, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, and Lavender Essential Oil; as well as a toner with Rose Water and Apple Cider Vinegar. Using these ingredients helped to heal a lot of my skin and cleared up about 50% of my acne. I still had regular breakouts by my ears, along my jaw line, and up my cheeks. I decided to try BP, and so I added 1oz of a 10% BP gel called ‘Zapzyt’ to 3oz ‘Fruit of the Earth’ aloe vera gel (the clear stuff) which gave me a 2.5% BP gel (everything cost like $9 at Wal-Mart with aloe gel to spare).

At this point in time I was using pure Olive Oil soap, my toner, my moisturizer, and then 2.5% BP gel (I preferred to use the BP last because I felt like I had better results by doing so). My face was about 90% clear at this point, and I never had any drying from the BP because of the Jojoba Oil and EVOO in my moisturizer.

That last 10% was driving me crazy! I was grateful for it, but I couldn’t figure out what was wrong with me! So I did a lot of research and came across information on the pH of skin and the importance of the acid mantle. I should have done all my research on acne.org though; it would have saved me A TON of time because it was really easy to find the same information when I was browsing around the message boards today

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/pH-import...-p-t144725.html

I decided to simply stop washing my face with any soap or cleanser, and began to gently wipe my skin with a wet warm washcloth at night. My skin cleared up completely within a week!

I wanted to find a way to remove makeup and came across the oil cleansing method

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/OIL-CLEAN...Hi-t141871.html

I created a creamy cleanser with 70% Sunflower Seed Oil and 30% Castor Oil. I also ended up adding 2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide and Tea Tree Oil to my moisturizer. Currently my regime consists of:

• Night-

-My cleanser when I wear makeup, otherwise I use it 2 or 3 x’s a week

-My toner

-My eye cream

-My moisturizer with 2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide

-Sometimes I like to use Grape Seed Oil; I feel that it helps to enhance my complexion

• Morning-

-My toner

-My eye cream

-My moisturizer with 2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide

I haven’t had a single zit in like a month and I’m sooo happy with my complexion! Sorry for tooting my own horn, but I am very proud of myself. Not very many people can say that they make every product that they use on their skin :)

In conclusion, what I found to be true about obtaining/maintaining healthy skin is that proper pH, proper moisture, and never removing precious sebum is KEY; as for acne, a little BP goes a long way… Take Dans’ advice. I’ve never tried his products, but they look really good, and I am sure that many people swear by the acne.org regime. THANK YOU DAN for the BP inspiration!

I hope that this information was helpful for others.

post-107311-1258736684_thumb.jpg

post-107311-1258746550_thumb.jpg

post-107311-1258736684_thumb.jpg

post-107311-1258746550_thumb.jpg

Edited by DeeVoo

wow you look great! congratsss....!!

but i still dont get how you made 2.5 bp out of 10 % bp? with the gel..is this even possible? lol just curious

Thanks! I scarred a little bit (hardly noticeable, I'm sure that time will heal it all) but I couldn't be happier! The BP is easy to 'water down' lol... I guess I didn’t explain it very well though.

Purchase any 1oz tube of 10% BP gel (should be between $5 and $6), and a 12oz bottle of “Fruit of the Earth†Aloe Vera Gel (the clear kind, I think it was around $4).

Mix equal parts:

-1 part 10% BP Gel

-3 parts Aloe Vera Gel

This will ‘water down’ the 10% BP to 2.5%

It might be easier to not have to measure, and mix together 4 1oz tubes 10% BP Gel and 1 bottle 12oz Aloe Vera Gel. That would give you 16oz of 2.5% BP for around $25… or it’s even easier to just order Dan’s 8oz tube of 2.5% BP for $16.52.

How I added 2.5% BP to my moisturizer was I mixed 1 part 10% BP to 3 parts moisturizer. I prefer it this way because it cuts down on how much gel is on my face (I don’t like to rub my face and have a ton of dried gel come off). I’m having a few people test my products right now, and if they have good results like I did, then I will take that data to a chemistry lab and see if they will help me purchase pure BP and add 2.5% to my moisturizer to cut down on even more gel content. Wish me luck!

post-107311-1259022186_thumb.png

post-107311-1259022186_thumb.png

Wow, your skin look amazing!

I use the same FOE Aloe Vera gel you used. I put first put on the BP and then put on the gel. Unfortunately, sometimes my skin gets all flaky from this combination. I'm thinking I should add Jojoba oil in and see how it goes.

Wow, your skin look amazing!

I use the same FOE Aloe Vera gel you used. I put first put on the BP and then put on the gel. Unfortunately, sometimes my skin gets all flaky from this combination. I'm thinking I should add Jojoba oil in and see how it goes.

I just use the FOE Aloe Vera Gel to dilute the BP to 2.5%. You should try applying jojoba straight on your skin at night time. you can play around with other oils as well. I like pure grapeseed oil.

**jealous*

lol seriously your skin looks FANTASTIC.

Thank you :dance: I NEVER thought it would happen!

n1 u must be so happy!

yeah i havnt been down the BP road. when ever i used say a pea sized dot on a spot it would dry up like crazy and then turn the skin a deep red brown color. then it would flake. and weeks later would look semi normal.

for this reason i couldnt justify slopping it all over my face as it would probably affect my whole face the way it did on that patch test.

i have 2.5% panoxyl for the record

help?

Hey,

I want to try the oil cleansing method, and i bought castor oil and jojoba oil...but castor oil is so thick and I mixed it well jojoba oil in the shower, it will not come off...how did you wash it off? how much of the oil did you use? I might have mixed too much oil and it was just so greasy, I ended up having to wash it off with my regular cleanser..Let me know if you could help me..I would really appreciate your advise!

by the way, your skin is gorgeous!

Thanks

Hey,

I want to try the oil cleansing method, and i bought castor oil and jojoba oil...but castor oil is so thick and I mixed it well jojoba oil in the shower, it will not come off...how did you wash it off? how much of the oil did you use? I might have mixed too much oil and it was just so greasy, I ended up having to wash it off with my regular cleanser..Let me know if you could help me..I would really appreciate your advise!

by the way, your skin is gorgeous!

Thanks

I use 30% Castor Oil, and 70% Sunflower Oil (jojoba will work well too)... massage into your skin, then take a hot wet washcloth (not hot enough to burn) and put it over your face, pressing with your fingers, till it cools. Repeat if desired, then gently wipe off excess. Be sure not to use any soap or face wash. The OCM will remove makeup, if you don't wear makeup, then you only need to do this 2 or 3 times a week. If you're not wearing make up, then just gently wipe with a warm wet wash cloth. This is enough to remove dirt and dead skin cells. Let me know how it goes :-) Not using soap or face wash (no matter how gentile it may be) was the final turning point for my clear complexion.

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/pH-import...-p-t144725.html

I never experienced a temporary increase of oil production due to thoroughly unblocking pores from the OCM, but I've been told that this could occur... I would be interested to know if this happens to you the first couple times using the OCM. Good luck!

Thanks! I scarred a little bit (hardly noticeable, I'm sure that time will heal it all) but I couldn't be happier! The BP is easy to 'water down' lol... I guess I didn’t explain it very well though.

Purchase any 1oz tube of 10% BP gel (should be between $5 and $6), and a 12oz bottle of “Fruit of the Earth” Aloe Vera Gel (the clear kind, I think it was around $4).

Mix equal parts:

-1 part 10% BP Gel

-3 parts Aloe Vera Gel

It might be easier to not have to measure, and mix together 4 1oz tubes 10% BP Gel and 1 bottle 12oz Aloe Vera Gel. That would give you 16oz of 2.5% BP for around $25… or it’s even easier to just order Dan’s 8oz tube of 2.5% BP for $16.52.

How I added 2.5% BP to my moisturizer was I mixed 1 part 10% BP to 3 parts moisturizer. I prefer it this way because it cuts down on how much gel is on my face (I don’t like to rub my face and have a ton of dried gel come off). I’m having a few people test my products right now, and if they have good results like I did, then I will take that data to a chemistry lab and see if they will help me purchase pure BP and add 2.5% to my moisturizer to cut down on even more gel content. Wish me luck!

So I just found an equate brand of 10% BP gel at Wal-mart for under $2! That means you could make 16oz of 2.5% BP for like $12-$13!!! I havn't tried it yet, but i'm gonna mix it up in my moisturizer, and then I'll let you know if it's any good... :dance:

Purchase any 1oz tube of 10% BP gel (should be between $5 and $6), and a 12oz bottle of “Fruit of the Earth” Aloe Vera Gel (the clear kind, I think it was around $4).

Mix equal parts:

-1 part 10% BP Gel

-3 parts Aloe Vera Gel

So I just found an equate brand of 10% BP gel at Wal-mart for under $2! That means you could make 16oz of 2.5% BP for like $12-$13!!! I havn't tried it yet, but i'm gonna mix it up in my moisturizer, and then I'll let you know if it's any good... :dance:

It's grainy... I don't like it :(

Check out this post!!! http://www.acne.org/messageboard/BP-Moistu...66#entry2771066

Edited by DeeVoo

you're skin looks WONDERFUL, like perfect :clap:

ah this gives me hope, I will try out the regimen!

Awsome, thanks!

Wow, thank you for sharing your story with us! I hope things continue to go well. =)

Thanks, things are going very well for me! Read my post Whipping up Skin Care...

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Whipping-...93#entry2838493

This definitely seems like something worth trying! How do you make your moisturizer?

I just blend together my ingredients.

Hi acne.org!!! It has been a while since I updated my progress in growing my skin care line... Things are going very well smile.gif

I have several returning customers who are extremely happy with my product and their results, and I am learning how to reach more people on the web. It is so competitive out there!

I have switched my bottles from cobalt blue to amber due to temporary unavailability of the blue glass, and I have decided to stick with the amber... I actually like the contrast it gives my blue logo. I have also taken better photos of my product. They are very clear and spa like (wish I could post them for ya).

----------------------------------------------

Here is a revised list of my products and ingredients:

* Creamy Cleanser-

Ingredients: Grapeseed Oil, Castor Oil, Water, Redmond Clay, Soy Lecithin, Caprylyl glycol, phenoxyethanol, Xanthan Gum, , Methylparaben, Chamomile Essential Oil

* Milky Toner-

Ingredients: Water, Vinegar, Grape Seed Oil, Vegetable Glycerin, Caprylyl glycol, phenoxyethanol, Xanthan Gum, Rose Essential Oil

* Radiant Moisturizer-

Ingredients: Water, Jojoba Oil, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Grape Seed Oil, Water, Vegetable Glycerin, Xanthan Gum, Soy Lecithin, TEA, Carbomer, Caprylyl glycol, phenoxyethanol, Lavender Essential Oil, Methylparaben

* Acne Moisturizer

Active Ingredient: 2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide

Inactive Ingredients: Water, Jojoba Oil, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Grapeseed Oil, Vegetable Glycerin, Xanthan Gum, Soy Lecithin, TEA, Carbomer, Caprylyl glycol, phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben Lavender & Tea Tree EO’s

congratz, damn you should be proud and thanks for sharing girl, ;) ill try this if my product fails

DeeVoo!

I think what you've done is amazing! Follow your dreams. If skin care is something you're passionate about, who cares what anyone says to knock you down. Never second guess yourself. I'm so happy and inspired by your DIY skin care posts. I hope that this continues to work in your favor :)

Follow your bliss!

You are all very kind! I really need a confidence boost every now and then :)

you look amazing. well done for all of your efforts!

Thank you. I think that even better, I have learned to love myself regardless of how I look :D I have had several bad breakout due to stress and picking, but I don't let it get to me...