Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi guys and girls,

does BP have any effect on red marks what so ever? just started the regimen. loving it so far, was jus wondering if it helps? or is it only for active acne? (which i dont have much of) jus red marks from maybe 5-9 months ago.

thanks for reading! :)

bye~

Not that I have seen, from my experience BP actually makes my skin redder temporarily.

i slathered on 10% BP for years and recently quit about 3 months ago. I am quite prone to hyperpigmentation (redmarks) and i have to say that upon cessation of BP usage i have seen a decline in those pesky redmarks. If anything, the pimple will be light pink and eventually fade out--it wont leave that impervious small red dot. I will gladly trade a light pink spot for a couple of weeks in place of having to deal months to years of waiting for those stupid red dots to fade. and for what? all bp does is make the bump go away faster. who cares. im still going to get those [expletive] anyways, even with the BP regimen.

stop BP=less PIH, redmarks, red dots, hyperpig--whatever you may call it.

oh, well i am on my 6th day in the regimen. got 1 new pimple and some whiteheads, guessing its normal.

doesnt acne cause red marks? so if u prevent acne from forming (daily usage of BP) u actually stop having any new red marks? and let time heal the old ones?

or am i getting it all wrong? lol..

see ya

doesnt acne cause red marks? so if u prevent acne from forming (daily usage of BP) u actually stop having any new red marks? and let time heal the old ones?

pretty much. the first step to getting rid of red marks is to stop acne period. else it's just wave after wave of red marks, and you get nowhere. once you take of your acne, then you can use a variety of methods to combat the red marks.

however, some ppl use anti-red marks techniques while they still ahve acn.

Edited by Butch_

i think getting rid of acne first than the red marks makes more sense. dont want to be using too many kinds of treatments on my face, especially when i just started the regimen.

thinking about trying AHA in about a months time. only have red marks, but i heard you need to have used BP for about a month before trying AHA. or did i get it wrong?

see ya xd