Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
assassin.

Acne clearing after I stopped working out and eating so much.

I used to really be into bodybuilding and I am still... mentally. I used to train 6 times a week and eat over 3000 calories a day with a lot of protein and carbohydrates. I would generally eat at least 6 meals a day.

I haven't trained in 2 months. Now I barely eat 3 meals a day and I'm on a ketonic diet, which is basically the same thing as the Paleo diet. No carbs, mostly protein, some vegetables and fruits, a bit of nuts here and there.

I have stopped Benzoyl Peroxide. Now I just wash my face with soap and water in the morning and before I go to sleep. I have stopped breaking out other than very very small, shallow pimples.

I suspect that first starting training at a young age (I have been training for about 3 or 4 years and started when I was only 15 or 16) made me produce excess male hormones and androgens. The fact that I was eating over 3000 calories a day and a lot of protein and carbohydrates and fats didn't help either. I remember when I would always eat right before bed to help me gain weight because I was so skinny. I would usually down 50 grams of Whey protein and maybe 20 cashews/almonds.

I've stopped all that and I've stopped breaking out. I'll miss working out, however. I'll probably start again when I can be sure that I have grown out of acne, perhaps some time in my mid 20s. As long as I know how to train smart and eat smart that's all that matters. I can go back whenever I want. In the meantime, however, I've lost a lot of muscle and weight...

I used to really be into bodybuilding and I am still... mentally. I used to train 6 times a week and eat over 3000 calories a day with a lot of protein and carbohydrates. I would generally eat at least 6 meals a day.

I haven't trained in 2 months. Now I barely eat 3 meals a day and I'm on a ketonic diet, which is basically the same thing as the Paleo diet. No carbs, mostly protein, some vegetables and fruits, a bit of nuts here and there.

I have stopped Benzoyl Peroxide. Now I just wash my face with soap and water in the morning and before I go to sleep. I have stopped breaking out other than very very small, shallow pimples.

I suspect that first starting training at a young age (I have been training for about 3 or 4 years and started when I was only 15 or 16) made me produce excess male hormones and androgens. The fact that I was eating over 3000 calories a day and a lot of protein and carbohydrates and fats didn't help either. I remember when I would always eat right before bed to help me gain weight because I was so skinny. I would usually down 50 grams of Whey protein and maybe 20 cashews/almonds.

I've stopped all that and I've stopped breaking out. I'll miss working out, however. I'll probably start again when I can be sure that I have grown out of acne, perhaps some time in my mid 20s. As long as I know how to train smart and eat smart that's all that matters. I can go back whenever I want. In the meantime, however, I've lost a lot of muscle and weight...

When you intake a crapload of calories you are taking in a crapload of hormones which are tied with acne. And are you sure you did 50 grams of Whey protein, instead of 500?

You don't have to stop working out just because you are doing paleo. And yeah, these types of diet that control insulin and inflammation are beneficial for acne (in most).