Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sam

Silicone injections for acne scars

As any1 in the UK had Silicone injection done on there acne scars and who is the best Dr to do these injections?

Edited by Sam

Hi

I had 3 rounds of silicone injections at medicetics in London (which I think is the only place you can get it done in the UK) over a period of about a year. Unfortunately I saw no improvement in my scars, the doctor took pictures too and even the doctor did not see any improvement. He said he would be more aggressive with the 3rd round and that was January. I initially had some microswelling but now even my shallow scars are still visible.

At £400 per treatment, its very costly I didn't have any luck with it, but good luck.

What was the name of the silicone they use,was it Silikon 1000?

Edited by Sam

What was the name of the silicone they use,was it Silikon 1000?

It was medical grade silicone and was performed Dr. Mulligan. As far as I am aware, this is the only place that does this procedure in the UK. If I am being honest, it was a complete waste of money.

I've not seen any improvement in my scarring after 3 treatments, I would of expected at least some improvement after spending £1200 on 3 treatments but hey you live and learn.

medicetics are not at all the only place where you can get silicone in uk i know 1 or more very good derms who do it, i suggest you do your research carefully. its permanent and it does require very experienced derm and i dont think experience here in uk has been that long with silicone. many people have and many will travel to have it done in states and you sometimes need up to 7 rounds to get where you want to be. keep safe!

check Dr payne at london clinic. let me tell you something i dont think that silicone is safe i know its effective but the price tag you might or might not end up paying is very high. lumps,overcorrection. aditional scars after these lumps will be taken down, aditional atrophy, acne flare up because silicone can cause this sort of reaction, extreme emotional stress and many others. talking the experience. i knoe theres treatment like dermal grafting and i cant believe that this is so badly overlooked. good luck everybody

Hi

I had 3 rounds of silicone injections at medicetics in London (which I think is the only place you can get it done in the UK) over a period of about a year. Unfortunately I saw no improvement in my scars, the doctor took pictures too and even the doctor did not see any improvement. He said he would be more aggressive with the 3rd round and that was January. I initially had some microswelling but now even my shallow scars are still visible.

At £400 per treatment, its very costly I didn't have any luck with it, but good luck.

Hey, first of all let me say I'm sorry you didnt have any improvement.

What I dont get is, isn't silicone suppose to be a permanent filler? How can it be injected in your skin and vanish after a while? That sounds very weird to me. If the silicone didn't go in your scars, didnt it give the donut effect surrounding the scars?

silicone is a permanent filler and it builds collagen around the filler thereby filling in the scars.

To be honest I have heard they are probably some of the most powerful fillers around but they are permanent and difficult to remove.

They have potential to help with severe scarring but I would never do it because of the permanent nature. Also, go to realself.com and look it up and you'll see about people's results.

IMO I don't want silicone but I guess different people may need such things.