Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
volcom3453

Sick, while on accutane

I might have mono or strep throat and as some of you know I am on accutane. I am going to the doctor tomorrow to get checked, but I am worried when I tell him I am on accutane he might tell me to stop or something. Is it still okay to take accutane if I had either of these viruses?

I might have mono or strep throat and as some of you know I am on accutane. I am going to the doctor tomorrow to get checked, but I am worried when I tell him I am on accutane he might tell me to stop or something. Is it still okay to take accutane if I had either of these viruses?

I had pneumonia a couple weeks ago. I quit the accutane for a week then picked back up again. It didn't cause any problems with my skin. I just felt like the accutane was way too harsh on my body when I was already so sick.

haha, it is funny volcom I follow your log and we are pretty similar.. but this is just strange! A couple weeks ago I was feeling sick and I went to the doctor. He told me I either had mono or strep throat.. took a blood test and did a strep colony test or w/e it is called. Ended up the I had strep, gave me amoxicillin and after a few days I was fine. the dr told me I could continue accutane regardless of whether I had mono or strep, so I don't think you have much to worry about. - feel better

you can stay on accutane while you're sick just make sure they don't give you tetracycline or any other -cycline antibiotic. Those can be detrimental on accutane. Even doctors make mistakes so it's a good idea to remind them.