Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
forserce

Oiliest Skin EVER

I went of the BC bill a year 1/2 ago, and had the worst breakouts of my life during that year and finally by face has been coming back to normal (but not 100%). I get the most oily skin now!! I've tried numerous amounts of over the counter, Neutrogena products, just soap, not washing at all... and while they get rid of the oil temporarily, but it is right back on there in a couple hours. It's so irritating. I dab it off, but that's not really a long-term solution, eh? Anyone have any miracle workers they can dish out? Thanks guys.

I've seen a difference after using a soap bar that had.. sulphur.

I got one from a brand called Grisi. It works very nice.

My skin is still oily but not that much. Also, it is not shiny as it used to be, before

I would be very shiny on the t-zone, now I am not shiny at all.

I tried some liquid cleanser that contained sulfur. I am at work so I don't have the bottle here to name it (purchased at Sephora.com). It dried up the oil, all right, and absolutely every inch of my skin it touched within seconds. I was flaking so much you couldn't tell what my skin looked like - just white flakes everywhere! It itched, it burned, it was horrible! I couldn't hardly flex my facial muscles to make an expression. I decided that oily skin is miserable, but it's way better than torturing my skin with a product containing sulfur. A few more days of use and I probably could have cured the oil problem simply by removing every layer of skin I had.

I don't have any recommendations for you, but if acne isn't accompanying your oily skin, then you should be grateful, buddy! The oily skin may seem like a curse now, but it'll keep your skin young when you get old.

Bryan will kill you for that :D

Edited by Adri Chan

i dont blame him adri. Its just such a stupid theory/myth. It makes no sense logically nor scientically. Collagen and ellastin degradation are the main causes of wrinkles and sagging skin.

Obviously there are other factors too like our skin have more difficulty holding water etc...

If oil is all it takes then all woman would be oiling their faces up at night instaed of using retin-A, vitamin C serums etc.

i dont blame him adri. Its just such a stupid theory/myth. It makes no sense logically nor scientically. Collagen and ellastin degradation are the main causes of wrinkles and sagging skin.

Obviously there are other factors too like our skin have more difficulty holding water etc...

If oil is all it takes then all woman would be oiling their faces up at night instaed of using retin-A, vitamin C serums etc.

Indeed. It surprises me how so many people (apparently including even some doctors!) are so bound and determined to hypothesize some important benefit or "purpose" for sebum, like how it supposedly moisturizes the skin, or prevents aging. I think Kligman hit the nail on the head when he said that sebum serves no purpose at all in Modern Man, that sebaceous glands are nothing but "living fossils".

Maybe when some dermatologists day-in and day-out have teenagers coming to them with difficult-to-treat acne, their very natural and understandable tendency is to try to soothe them a little by coming up with these purported "purposes" of sebum, to make them feel a tad better: "Yes, little Johnny, I know you're having a tough time now with that nasty acne, but sebum is there for a purpose, which is to keep your skin moist, and keep it from aging; some day you'll be glad you have that sebum!" :):liar::wall:

Edited by bryan