Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Am I going to far by restricting my diet to the following?

Rice

Beans

Fish

Meat

Eggs

Fruits

Vegetables

I mainly want to avoid dairy and gluten/grains but it feels like I can't eat anything at college because everything needs to be wrapped in bread or covered in cheese.

Right now I have Tuna, Apples, Chili, and Rice in my dorm that I can make. I also have options at the cafeteria but like I said it is hard to find foods that fit in that list. Any suggestions?

If you've been seeing positive results, not at all.

And its healthier for you anyways. I pretty much have the same diet, minus rice and eggs, and it keeps my back and chest clear.

Don't listen to waitingxforever, just do what makes you feel best.

Edited by HereComesTheSun:)

Yes and no...

It depends on the quality and quantity of what your taking in... If you are serious about the diet changes read my blog and message me I'm almost a food expert now... and I'm on day two of changing my diet to be more liver and acne friendly. I'm sure I could help.

Am I going to far by restricting my diet to the following?

Rice

Beans

Fish

Meat

Eggs

Fruits

Vegetables

I guess it really depends. It seems you are living on campus which is a bit harder, since you don't have your own kitchen. I live off campus and have no problems mantaining paleo, which is even more restrictive than that.

It also depends if it is reducing your acne or not?

Edited by venam

Diet has never cleared my acne but it helps. Also my acne seems to be improving very slowly and the retin-a is starting to kick in.

It is difficult for me to gain weight on this diet, but I am going home for thanksgiving and am going to try plan out how I can bring more of my own food.

I feel your pain.

It's rough getting used to it.

The important thing is to find a "diet" that is going to be maintainable. Well, and works of course.

Outside of "cheating" every now and then, you should comfortably be able to maintain it for years.

Being in college is really hard while trying to do that. All the convenience foods tempting you because you're strapped for time and cash. Not to mention all the alcohol and partying.

Don't stress about eating something with bread and/or covered with cheese once in a while.

What you're eating 90% of the time is what matters most.

Rome wasn't built in a day.

Are you kidding thats barely restrictive at all!

There are hundreds of types of vegetables and fruits, probably hundreds of different types and cuts of meats, not to mention preparation options, and many types of beans.

I generally eat meat/fish/eggs, lots of veggies, fruits (not all fruits and only 1-2/day), occasional sprouted grains+legumes, and yogurt. I also occasionally eat high quality cheese.

I never get bored eating like this, your diet has infinite possibilities! Although it helps if you can cook pretty well and have some creativity in the kitchen.

no thats all good. i thought for one second you were going to rule out all those!

anyway get yourself to a place where you can have a hypersensativity test done. I did and it pulled up tomatos and dairy

its been 2 weeks since cuttin all tomato and i have improved a lot.

dairy is impossible since i work out and need protein shakes.

no thats all good. i thought for one second you were going to rule out all those!

anyway get yourself to a place where you can have a hypersensativity test done. I did and it pulled up tomatos and dairy

Hey man there are alternatives to dairy. Try rice milk, oat milk, or at least go for goat's milk. You can just have them with water.

Although I would agree in something, milk is an awesome BB food.

Have you ever tried green smoothies as a post workout drink?

Leafy Greens + Fruit + Water= recovery drink LOADED with vitamins and minerals. better than anything

They work well for me. Plenty of carbs for that post-workout window that most bodybuilder's want.

Dairy free. And you can add fat by adding coconut milk.

If you're worried about protein...Leafy greens usually have almost a complete protein profile, meaning they contain almost all the amino acids your body uses. (the body breaks protein down into amino acids anyway) And of course you can always add protein powder to the smoothie too.

good luck

Hey man there are alternatives to dairy. Try rice milk, oat milk, or at least go for goat's milk. You can just have them with water. unsweetnd

Although I would agree in something, milk is an awesome BB food.

After my work outs I drink a protein shake with Almond Milk. You should give it a whirl. It's much tastier.